Author Topic: European arrows suppliers  (Read 3828 times)

Offline Jjpso

European arrows suppliers
« on: August 11, 2014, 12:18:16 pm »
Hello there.

Could any of you guys from Europe please tell me where do you buy your hunting arrows?
Wich are the best arrows suppliers in Europe?
Thanks in advance
Best regards

Joao from Portugal

« Last Edit: November 02, 2014, 06:01:13 pm by Jjpso »

Offline Jjpso

Re: European arrows suppliers
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2014, 10:04:30 am »
Anyone?!

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2014, 10:13:38 am »
Joao, as you probably already know many countries in Europe don't allow hunting. Even though lots of folks here on PA are hunters not many of our European members are hunters so their knowledge of hunting equipment would be slim. You might want to try TradGang, a website for hunting archers and they have quite a few European members. That might be a better option for your request.  I'm not trying to run you off. In fact we'd like to see some of your work.  ;)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline jamesbarbara

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2014, 08:13:04 am »
I too wanna buy some good and cheap hunting arrows

Offline Jjpso

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2014, 11:21:03 am »
Joao, as you probably already know many countries in Europe don't allow hunting. Even though lots of folks here on PA are hunters not many of our European members are hunters so their knowledge of hunting equipment would be slim. You might want to try TradGang, a website for hunting archers and they have quite a few European members. That might be a better option for your request.  I'm not trying to run you off. In fact we'd like to see some of your work.  ;)

hello PatB
thanks for your answer. actually in my country hunting is allowed, but not many people do it with a bow and even less with a traditional bow.
i will try in tradgang.
i have i question, hope you dont find it too simple, but i am starting: whats the difference betwen a "hunting arrow", "target arrow" and "field arrow"? is it just the point?! or is there anything else?
you can bet that when i have something worth to be posted i will do it for sure.

best regards

joao pedro

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2014, 01:02:20 pm »
Basically it is just the point but generally a hunting arrow will be heavier(10grains per pound of draw weight) for momentum and penetration. Target arrows would be lighter for flatter trajectory. I guess a field arrow would be similar to a target arrow.
 I shoot instinctively so I use only hunting arrows for everything. That way I don't have to retrain my brain when switching from hunting to target.

Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Jjpso

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2014, 05:11:58 pm »
Basically it is just the point but generally a hunting arrow will be heavier(10grains per pound of draw weight) for momentum and penetration. Target arrows would be lighter for flatter trajectory. I guess a field arrow would be similar to a target arrow.
 I shoot instinctively so I use only hunting arrows for everything. That way I don't have to retrain my brain when switching from hunting to target.

Thanks Pat. :)

Joćo from portugal

Offline GaryR

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2014, 05:38:10 pm »
good and cheap hunting arrows

Not always, but usually these two adjectives don't go together. Have you considered making them yourself?

Offline medicinewheel

« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2014, 07:41:59 pm »
Joao, I'll try to find 23/64 pine shafts for you here in Germany. Not many suppliers make these, but some do. Maybe a friend of mine has some. Give me some time, pls.
Frank from Germany...

Offline Jjpso

« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2014, 12:41:11 am »
Joao, I'll try to find 23/64 pine shafts for you here in Germany. Not many suppliers make these, but some do. Maybe a friend of mine has some. Give me some time, pls.

Medicinewheel, i really apreciate that, Thanks!!!
Bing you from germany, do you know anyone there  who selos ash staves?

Best regards, joao

Offline VicNova

« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2014, 10:55:19 am »
Try looking into Bearpaw. They run out of Germany and I think you can find some European suppliers through their sight. It looks like you could actually buy direct too.

« Last Edit: August 15, 2014, 12:11:19 pm by Pat B »
Ypsilanti,  Michigan

Offline bolsjedyr

« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2014, 03:28:03 pm »
There is also Falco, from Estonia.
I know a pretty good 3d-archer who is quite happy with their arrows.
He uses fieldpoints though - so I don't know about their broadheads.
If two men are to compete, it should be in archery. As they face the same direction, trying to accomplish the same goal, it is the most civilized of sports." Confucius