Author Topic: String Follow OR Set  (Read 8047 times)

Offline Badger

Re: String Follow OR Set
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2008, 03:46:44 am »
Both Jawge and Mark had answers that are pretty much accepted as fact by most people and their answers were both slightly different. I belong to the group that looks at string follow as Mark does, when the bow is first unbraced after shooting I measure the deformation as opposed to it's rested position when the limbs return to their permanent shape. It is really hard to look at a bows profile and see how it was affected by set, I have seen bows with 2" of set that had strings as tight as a banjo at brace, other bows have one inch of set and sound soft plunky at brace. If your string has a nice crisp feeling at brace height I think you successfully tillered the bow regardless of the set/stringfollow/deflex/ whatever? Steve

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: String Follow OR Set
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2008, 07:58:47 am »
I do the same thing as I am tillering,measuring in between scraps and checks to see
how much it recovers after a short rest,If it starts not to recover most of it I slow down .
It really seem to help in the end.Like Badger said if it has early draw weight,tiller looks even
 and the string is taunt at brace I am happy set or no set. :)
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good