Author Topic: Arrowheads from Terra Cotta Warrior Exhibit  (Read 2057 times)

Offline Buck67

Arrowheads from Terra Cotta Warrior Exhibit
« on: May 28, 2014, 06:40:34 am »
Yesterday I went to the Indianapolis Children's Museum to see the display of China's Terra Cotta Warriors.  There are 8 Terra Cotta Statues and about 100 artifacts including swords and armor on display.  The Warriors and arrowheads date from about 2,400 years ago.  I include some pictures of the bronze crossbow arrowheads.  It is hard to see in the photo but the arrowheads are triangular in shape.  The bronze crossbow trigger mechanism looked to be finely machined at one time.

No wood items seem to have survived.  Many of the weapons that the warriors carried were stolen by grave robbers thousands of years ago.  I don't know where else in the world that the Terra Cotta Warriors are on display, but if you are within driving distance of Indianapolis, I highly recommend the exhibit.

Offline TRACY

Re: Arrowheads from Terra Cotta Warrior Exhibit
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2014, 07:13:07 am »
Cool pics! I saw one of them at the airport a couple weeks ago which prompted the kids to want to go to the exhibit. Are you from Indy area?

Tracy
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
Re: Arrowheads from Terra Cotta Warrior Exhibit
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2014, 08:48:31 am »
Cool! My kids heard about this on the radio and have been asking to go see it. Looks like a nice exhibit. dp
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)