Author Topic: Noah the movie  (Read 3196 times)

Offline BOWMAN53

Re: Noah the movie
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2014, 06:20:52 pm »
its a shame people arent open minded enough to do something as simple as watch a movie. i think there are only a few people who can fully appreciate how great this movie was. there are those who refuse to watch it because its story is religion based and then there are those who refuse to watch it because it does not hold true to the story we all know. and then there are people like me who can appreciate the incredible acting and story for what is it is,,,,,,,a movie.  either way, to each their own.

dont mean to offend anyone, just my thoughts on the subject.

Offline bubby

« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2014, 06:30:54 pm »
no problem Jordan, if I didn't watch any movies or listen to music because I disagreed with the artists political or religious views I would never see anything, hell half the actors that make a living shooting guns in the movies are pro gun control, gonna stop before I get in trouble
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline SLIMBOB

• Deplorable Slim
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2014, 06:51:54 pm »
Yep, yep.  I agree bubby, totally.  There are some I just cant stomach no matter what, and just wont see their movies.  But if they keep their politics out of it, I wont ask.  I'll just enjoy their movies.
Liberty, In God We Trust, E Pluribus Unum.  Distinctly American Values.

Offline bubby

« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2014, 06:56:48 pm »
yep slimbob I refuse to watch Sean Penn of Jane Fonda
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline SLIMBOB

• Deplorable Slim
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2014, 07:10:20 pm »
Wouldn't watch those two for any amount of money.  Probably the two at the top of my list.  But then I will watch Matt Damon and he's just as nutty.  Tom Cruise, John Travolta, what da you do?
Give me some good ole John Wayne movies.  Clint Eastwood.  Tom Selleck.  Audie Murphy.
Liberty, In God We Trust, E Pluribus Unum.  Distinctly American Values.

Offline Dalton Knapper

« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2014, 07:53:35 pm »
I will pretty much watch any movie (barring pointless violence) and I saw Noah this last Sunday. I went in (having read some reviews) not expecting a biblical account. I knew I would not be watching Charleston Heston in The Ten Commandments. I expected Hollywood at its best and I was not let down. Sure, Noah's children in the bible all had wives and so on and so forth (not to give away what happens in the movie) and there were other differences such as no stowaways, but all in all I really liked the show. It was probably a mix of the story of Gilgamesh, and some others legends, including Noah in Genesis and it came out to be a compelling story and met my expectations of seeing a good Hollywood movie. I think most folks will know if they should watch this movie or not, depending on your sensitivities and fragility of your beliefs, but my wife and I both loved watching it..... It's a movie and I am an adult who can decide on my own what to believe or not and believe, regardless of Hollywood and how they tell a story.