Author Topic: Bow Brace  (Read 4081 times)

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: Bow Brace
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2014, 01:25:41 pm »
I try to shoot the same bow and arrows no matter what I'm doing, hunting, target shooting or 3D. I want everything to be the same no matter what I'm doing. Instinctive shooting requires consistence in all aspects of shooting. Some folks like shooting lighter bows for target and 3D. To me, that create a break in the continuity of my shooting and would set me up for less consistent shots than if I as shooting with the same gear all the time.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline 4dog

« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2014, 10:01:43 am »
i knock my arrow above the point ...arrow nock sits on the nock point...sometimes i make a trap point with one over the nock and one under.
"SET" is always there !!!

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2014, 06:50:11 am »
I brace mine about like Pat,usually between 5 1/2 to 6 depending on the bow, that is from the belly of the bow, as for nocking point I start at about 1/4 to 3/8 above center and go from there until I get the arrow hitting the target square,I nock the arrow under the nock set. I start at about 10 feet and see if the arrow is tail high or low and adjust the nock point until I get it right. ;) Can't stand a bad flying arrow. :) May not always hit  just where I am looking but it must be flying good and true or I have no confidants in it at all. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline bow101

« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2014, 12:43:31 am »
One more question Pappy,  do normally make your arrow pass 1 1/2" above center..?
"The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are."  Joseph Campbell