Author Topic: Got my trade bow  (Read 5735 times)

Offline soy

• pm106221
Re: Got my trade bow
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2014, 03:38:13 am »
 8) congratulations!
Is this bow making a sickness? or the cure...

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2014, 06:23:20 pm »
Huisme, that bow is kinda out of wildkatt's comfort zone, not something he has spent much time making for himself.  But it is also a bow he has a lot of curiosity about, per personal conversation recently, so it was PERFECTLY timed to show up now. Great timing, I'd say. 

But I think it would look better in Mrs Katt's hands and the next time we're talking bees I will be sure to mention that to her!

I was betting on that. I'd never seen a molle in his hands and they don't seem like the kind of bow he builds for himself, so I thought I'd introduce him to the species ;)

Sorry Doob, I checked and double checked :P I'll definitely be doing this next year, maybe I'll draw you then!

And this is a perfect illustration of why we do this bow exchange.  It cross pollinates ideas between bowyers and establishes friendships!  This year's exchange is really off to a good start!  Keep 'em coming, folks!
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline huisme

• I'm Marc, but not that Marc.
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2014, 10:31:02 pm »
And this is a perfect illustration of why we do this bow exchange.  It cross pollinates ideas between bowyers and establishes friendships!  This year's exchange is really off to a good start!  Keep 'em coming, folks!

Yeah guys, hurry up >:D ;)

Since getting my piece of gold from Hunterbob I'm itching to get another osage stave with a bunch of character and see what kind of molle I can make out of that stuff, and I finally decided to try leather handles after shooting with that piece of artistry ;D

This has all been one great big bunch of inspiration for me :)
50#@26"
Black locust. Black locust everywhere.
Mollegabets all day long.
Might as well make them short, save some wood to keep warm.