Author Topic: New back quiver/pouch/backpack combo finished (mostly)  (Read 3947 times)

Offline Sidmand

New back quiver/pouch/backpack combo finished (mostly)
« on: March 26, 2014, 04:50:24 pm »
Finally "mostly" finished my quiver/pack combo, still have some leather treatment I need to do, and I need to add some fur around the top of the quiver to keep the rattling down a bit.  I'm also going to add some straps on the sides between the quiver and pouch, as well as on the other, to hold some rope or even lash my bow to the quiver itself.  Overall it's very functional and I like it a lot.  I can remove each of the pouches separately, and the big pouch has rings to carry it as a possibles bag or even a small backpack.  The quiver itself also detaches and I can carry it by itself if I don't want to carry any gear.

This was my first attempt at leather work, and I think it came out OK, but  I see many things that I will do differently in the future.  For now though, it gives me a way to carry a days worth of gear and my minimum required tools for a day hunt, plus some survival type gear and rations in case I have to stay a night or two out if I get caught in a bad place.  I hope you guys like it, and let me know what you would do different, I like constructive criticism.

"Criticism is something we can avoid easily by saying nothing, doing nothing, and being nothing." --> Aristotle

Offline Mohawk13

Re: New back quiver/pouch/backpack combo finished (mostly)
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2014, 04:52:20 pm »
Nice..I'm liking it..Modular and compact..Nice rig.
He That Raises the sword against us, Shall be cleaved upon seven fold-Talmud.

Offline Zuma

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2014, 12:09:17 am »
Planning, patience and percerverance have come together.
Bravo, Zuma
PS forgive me spell check is on vacation
If you are a good detective the past is at your feet. The future belongs to Faith.

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2014, 12:12:39 am »
Planning, patience and percerverance have come together.
Bravo, Zuma
PS forgive me spell check is on vacation

My ex installed my spell check...it keeps telling me to add more eye of newt and wing of bat.
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Stoker

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2014, 05:27:07 pm »
Looks good to me... Be a very pactical day rig...
Thanks Leroy
Bacon is food DUCT tape - Cipriano