Author Topic: New recruit!  (Read 2832 times)

Offline JW_Halverson

Re: New recruit!
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2014, 02:29:56 pm »
   I do count my blessings every day ,boys! Beautiful wife and two fantastic kids. Not a lot of money but can and will make time for them always! The one great benefit of self employment!  I figure if I can make my little girl strong , independent and self confidant , I will never have to worry about her coming home with the" wrong " boy. Hopefully her strong character will have already intimidated the week of heart ;) Cross you fingers for me on that one :-\....................... If that doesn't work I can always take the boy hunting and have a heart to heart  with him ;)

A parent's job is not to be their kid's best friend, that's more than a little creepy.  Their job is to raise the kid in such a way that when that kid becomes an adult (or maybe even sooner) that person NEVER needs their parents ever again.  Good parenting teaches them to fulfil their own needs. And in the end, a self reliant and independent adult child will be closer to your heart than any friend.  Sounds like you got this one off on the right foot, lostarrow. 
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline lostarrow

Re: New recruit!
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2014, 09:37:58 pm »
 I hope so ,JW. Only time will tell.