Re: vice?
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2014, 05:54:36 pm »
you mean the box entirely???
"SET" is always there !!!

Offline killir duck

• i like elk
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2014, 11:40:31 am »
i haven't made one of these for staves, but ive made several mini ones that i use for knives and they beat any other knife vice ive tried. i weld a tab about 1"x4" to one side and the bottom so that i can clamp it right side up or on it's side in my bench vice.
PRIMITIVE ARCHERY what other way can you play with sticks and rocks all day and not look like a little kid

Every time i shoot at a bunny i recall the wise words of Elmer Fudd "I've got you now you waskally wabbit!"

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2014, 11:43:30 am »
you mean the box entirely???

Im sure 4dog. Kevin is capable of making the whole thing in his sleep!
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline 4dog

« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2014, 02:43:44 pm »
ahhhh the hawk master...no doubting him here.. 8)

Offline KHalverson

« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2014, 04:40:24 pm »
4dog
these things are pretty simple to put together.
some hole drilling is required and a little welding
the only thing I used that was fancy was a lathe to turn a groove around the drive screw  in order to captivate it so it will turn.
and ya could do the same thing with a grinder.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2014, 08:02:10 am »
What Chris said on the stave press,mine lasted less than a year,messed up
during the Classic, treat it right it should last forever. :) Wedging the plate to keep it somewhat level is important,I even had wedges cut and hung all around the post  it was mounted on to use for different size and shape staves,just folks don't take the time to use them or just don't know any better. ??? either way they won't hold up long if miss treated. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline HighEagle

« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2014, 02:31:54 pm »
Hi 4Dog,
  Heres another idea a little more organic would be a nice set up outside under a good shade tree
[urlhttp://www.primitivearcher.com/smf/index.php/topic,4399.msg61342.html#msg61342][/url]

Chuck
Armstrong, BC

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2014, 03:07:03 pm »
I still love my Stave Master from Keenan. It is the best, most versatile bow clamping/building device I've ever used.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2014, 06:50:49 am »
I am with you Pat on that,don't use it much,just seem to forget,but you want to set down and work it is really cool piece of equipement. :) Missed him,where has he been ?
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2014, 09:37:17 am »
Pappy, I sent them an email around Christmas and heard back from Lulyn. She said they were all good but that was it.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline 4dog

« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2014, 09:42:52 am »
ya see boys the issue for me is ..im not as old as some of ya..and not as young as most of ya...i got back issues and sitting is probably the hardest thing on my back
..wanted a shave bench but thats still sitting...so gonma build a press ,attach it to a cedar log ,and that way, i can stand and shave away.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2014, 09:45:46 am »
Keenan came up with the idea for the Stave Master and his back is probably worse than all of ours put together. Having the back rest really makes the difference.