Author Topic: Hik'ry Branch Shorty Bow  (Read 3480 times)

Offline Josh B

Re: Hik'ry Branch Shorty Bow
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2014, 12:59:14 am »
Is the unbraced profile symmetrical ?   I don't see an unbraced pic so I can't offer any advice on the tiller.  It does look cool though!  Josh

Offline PrimitiveTim

Re: Hik'ry Branch Shorty Bow
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2014, 07:22:35 pm »
Tim, I think in my book you win the enthusiasm award hands down.  Seems you've posted quite a few bows over the last few months and I find that kind of try in short supply among many today.  Congrats on all your efforts!   I do think bubby is right.  Mid limb on the bottom looks like the culprit to me.  Looking forward to your next bow tomorrow...or this evening.
Lol thanks!  Yeah, I may have to do a few scrapes mid limb.  The whole stave was just wonky but it seems to be fairly straight in the end.  A lot of small dips along the limb.  At the knap in this weekend I handed it to Ryan Gill to analyze and he said it was pretty good.  I'm running low on staves so it might be another month or two before you see another bow.  Might check in the flintknapping section though!
Florida to Kwajalein to Turkey and back in Florida again.  Good to be home but man was that an adventure!