Author Topic: First complete set of primitive arrows  (Read 5865 times)

Offline xXKyojinXx

Re: First complete set of primitive arrows
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2014, 12:58:29 pm »
Beautiful set! Are you just using epoxy to fix the heads to the shaft? By the way, I've heard frequently that a kind of hawthorn tea is great for cardiovascular health. Seems pretty legit from what I've read. You should ask your doctor about it. 

Offline Dan K

• 58#@28"
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2014, 08:05:05 pm »
Thanks for the comments folks!  I used home made pitch to heft the points kyojin. I made the pitch from fir sap, hardwood charcoal and dear droppings. Yep, dear droppings are one of the best refined vegetable matter the wild has to offer. As long as you set the point hard against the shoot and tie it down with sinew it will hold up to almost anything.

Excellence is a state of mind.  Whether you think you can or can't...you're right!

Offline Dan K

• 58#@28"
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2014, 08:07:05 pm »
Thanks Tracy. Can you tell me which one is the novaculite?
Excellence is a state of mind.  Whether you think you can or can't...you're right!

Offline Trapper Rob

« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2014, 08:34:54 pm »
Fine looking arrows Dan.

Offline Carson (CMB)

« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2014, 10:19:59 pm »
Very Nice Dan...guess you wont be needing me anymore  :'(  ;D ;D

Get better soon.
"The bow is the old first lyre,
the mono chord, the initial rune of fine art
The humanities grew out from archery as a flower from a seed
No sooner did the soft, sweet note of the bow-string charm the ear of genius than music was born, and from music came poetry and painting and..." Maurice Thompso

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2014, 10:50:05 am »
Lice lookin arrows. Sorry to hear of your New Year excitement. Hope ya heal up soon so you can shoot them babies. Best of wishes to ya, dp
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)

Offline Dan K

• 58#@28"
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2014, 02:40:51 pm »
Thanks Bowtarist.
The sinew you sent me Rob made these possible -thx bro!
I can't begin to compete with the incredible arrows you produce Carson. But I'm trying!

Offline RidgeRunner

« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2014, 10:41:04 am »
Dan K.
I made a set of Cardiac Rehab Arrows two years back.
My HeartAttack came the day before Halloween 2012.
Daytime TV lost its appeal real fast.
Bundled up like a snowman and set on the front porch and made a 1/2 dozen cane arrows.
Don't think I ever posted a completed pix of them.

Listen to your Dr!!!!  And TAKE YOUR MEDS!!!!!! 
Diet and Exercise really do help a lot!!!!!!
Except for 6.25mg Batablocker and a Provastaten pill my Dr. has asked that I ditch all of my other pills.  So I did. ;)  But. I have to watch that diet and Exercise.... So, I do....  It beats taking pills...

David
David Key / N.W. Alabama

Offline Dan K

• 58#@28"
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2014, 12:01:55 pm »
Thanks David. Rehab arrows, I like that!  Sound advice, thank you.

Offline steelslinger

« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2014, 04:29:36 pm »
Those look great! Hope you are still on the mend.

Offline stickbender

« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2014, 04:11:46 pm »
    Beautiful arrows! 8)  The only thing I would suggest is to make a smoother, and thinner transition from point to shaft.  A little less glue piling at the front.  It doesn't take much to hold the point, and coat the wrappings.  Other than that, they are flat out beautiful. ;)  As for your recent cardiac event, I wish you a speedy recovery, and yes the Hawthorn tea, is good, and Organic, cold pressed coconut oil is even better.  Just put a table spoonful in your oatmeal, or a smoothie.  Do that two three times a day, and you will be well on your way to a fast recovery.  But keep up the coconut oil regimen.  It is an amazing food.  There have been controversy over it, but it was due to poor testing, and industry rigging, by other oil groups.  It is the only fat, that actually helps you lose weight.  It is also an anti cancer, anti viral, food, and is good for diabetes, and strengthens the immune system, and helps to prevent heart disease.  They are now studying it for Hepatitis C, Herpes, and other viral infections.  It is a medium chain fat, and is one of the good fats.  There was a test done a few years back, and said that it was high in bad cholesterol.  Again bad testing, and rigging.  It was hydrogenated, and anything hydrogenated is bad for you.  Even partially hydrogenated.  Avoid it!  It is loaded with the GOOD cholesterol.  It is a fantastic skin moisterizer, good for the skin, and hair, and helps you to lose weight.  They are finding out more, and more good things about coconut oil, every day.  Despite the soy bean industry, and their negative campaign against it, it is gaining more, and more acceptance among the previously biased medical groups.  All soy, corn, canola (Rape Seed) and now alfalfa are GMO's! (Genetically modified, to be Round up ready.)  They use a virus gene to accomplish this.  They it is completely safe.  But there has never been any human trials.  Also all the "Independent" research has shown the mice fed this diet, have off spring born with full sized tumors, sterile, small, or no sex organs, plus liver, and other organ deformities.  There is now anecdotal evidence to show that there is genetic changes in the gut flora.  The gut rules the body!  But do try the Organic cold pressed coconut oil, and hawthorn tea.  Good luck, and I hope you are soon back to making and shooting your bows. ;)

Wayne
« Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 04:16:11 pm by stickbender »

Offline Dan K

• 58#@28"
« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2014, 04:25:33 pm »
Thanks Brad. Missed you at the shoot this weekend. I couldn't partake but it was fun seeing everyone.
Thank you for your comments Wayne. I wasn't sure about the pitch so I put enough on for safety. It's not the easiest to work with but it sure seems to do the trick. I thought I was putting on a bit too much but felt more was better in this case. I'll check into the coconut oil for sure. iTunes have researched good things. I joined a nutrition course through Vanderbilt University school of nursing. I am learning a lot of scary things about our food industry and what we put in our mouth. Much of what we eat is harmful and we think it's good for us. Sad thing is we are given much of the information and don't read it.