Author Topic: For those who have a little bit of pyromania in them  (Read 1331 times)

Offline Buffalogobbler

For those who have a little bit of pyromania in them
« on: January 21, 2014, 06:17:10 pm »
This past summer my neighbor Billie's 100year old barn started to collapse, and the local V.F.D.s offered to burn it down. Billie is 91 herself and known by everybody in the area, if it's your lucky day, she'll give you a 4 leaf clover that she picked herself and dried in her bible, but what she is famous for in this area is her fudge, for more that 50 years she has been giving out homemade fudge on Halloween! They call her the fudge lady and parents who got fudge as children now bring thier kids!
If you like to  see things burn, you'll probably like my latest video "Burning Billie's Barn"
Here's the link.
I hope you like it.
Kevin
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_15TB5eB-Y
Beer is living proof that god loves us and wants us to be happy-Ben Franklin

Offline seabass

Re: For those who have a little bit of pyromania in them
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2014, 08:23:09 pm »
cool video Kevin.now I want fudge lol.
Middletown,Ohio

Offline Robby101

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2014, 09:42:09 am »
I love old barns and to me its a sad thing to see them go. She probably could have made some money off that one, selling it to the Amish, or one of many outfits that deal in timber recovery. What a waste, what a shame.
Robby

Offline Buffalogobbler

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2014, 09:57:45 am »
Robby,
I tried for more than  week to talk her family into trying to sell the barn for the timber, they never even considered it, I barely convinced them to remove the antique chairs and tables that were inside, they were going to burn them also.

Steve,
She does more than just fudge, when I walk past her house on my way to the post office, she sees me and calls me over and gives me cookies or strawberry jam or fresh made bread.They say walking is a good way to lose weight, I don't know, it don't seem to be working for me!

Kevin
Beer is living proof that god loves us and wants us to be happy-Ben Franklin

Offline seabass

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2014, 05:48:31 pm »
Kevin,i think we all have had a Billie in our life.most of mine are gone now and I sure do miss them.
Middletown,Ohio