Author Topic: Few new POC arrows  (Read 3423 times)

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
Few new POC arrows
« on: January 19, 2014, 10:15:37 pm »
Made up a couple sets of three. While working on part of my Christmas Exchange I decided to do an extra set for me. I didn't send my recipient the pink fletch this year. I kept them for the Scottsburg, Indiana Winter shoots. Thought they'd be easier to find in the snow.  The red set are two aerial target arrows, see the leather/357mag points and the third is for small game w/ a copperhead blunt. Mine shoot great outta the two bows I've shot them out of. Hope the others do the same for Robby. Thanks for lookin, dpgratz
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)

Offline TRACY

Re: Few new POC arrows
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2014, 07:27:17 am »
Those would have been nice to have Saturday at the shoot ;) Like the green colored shaft.

Tracy
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

Offline Trapper Rob

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2014, 09:28:09 am »
You should see them in person Tracy Derik makes a sweet arrow.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2014, 02:32:27 pm »
Cool arra's Derik. I like that green!
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline PrimitiveTim

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2014, 02:40:48 pm »
And the leather blunts are for shooting people you don't really like without killing them?  Or maybe practice hunting out of season?  I need to make me some of those  >:D
Florida to Kwajalein to Turkey and back in Florida again.  Good to be home but man was that an adventure!

Offline bowtarist

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2014, 08:02:12 pm »
Tracy, You'll see them pink'uns if we ever get to scottsburg on the same day.

Robby, I hope your's shoot good for ya, tune them up however you need too, I left em long. Thanks for the kindwords.

PD, It's leather dye. I need to put really bright fletching on them to find them if I miss.

PT, I have been known to shoot those spiral flteches w/ leather blunts straight up and catch them on the way down. Don't try this @ home kids, or around your kids. teaches bad habits.  ;)

Thanks for the replys Fellas! I was beginning to wonder why I posted um.  :P

Offline Badly Bent

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2014, 08:03:20 pm »
Nice arrows Derik, like the way you did those leather blunts.
I ain't broke but I'm badly bent.

Offline Danzn Bar

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2014, 09:26:53 pm »
Nice looking arras..........yeah we need more bullets at the Scottsburg shoot with all the snow.  ;D ;)
DBar
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking

Offline bowtarist

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2014, 08:44:05 am »
Greg, Thanks! The blunts are easy to make. Cut a + shape outta some leather, punch two holes per tab, glue to a shell casing, then lace through holes, wrap and tie off. Could do a build along if my written instruction does not make sense.

Bill, There you go again w/ the presumption that I loose arrows.  >:( Remember...I'm the one finding your arrows. I just break mine.   ;D ;D If these don't break, they should be easy to find even if I send one sailing off the top of the target. The pink is well worth the grief I get for carrying them when it comes time to find one in the bush.  ;)

Thanks for the replys!! dp

Offline Danzn Bar

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2014, 07:35:22 pm »
Greg, Thanks! The blunts are easy to make. Cut a + shape outta some leather, punch two holes per tab, glue to a shell casing, then lace through holes, wrap and tie off. Could do a build along if my written instruction does not make sense.

Bill, There you go again w/ the presumption that I loose arrows.  >:( Remember...I'm the one finding your arrows. I just break mine.   ;D ;D If these don't break, they should be easy to find even if I send one sailing off the top of the target. The pink is well worth the grief I get for carrying them when it comes time to find one in the bush.  ;)

That is why I said "we" I was hoping to barrow some when I run out.  :) ;)
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2014, 07:19:43 am »
Very nice,need to be secure in you man hood to carry them. ;) ;D ;D Just kidding,nice work. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline bowtarist

« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2014, 09:39:37 am »
Bill, If yu have to borrow an arrow from me it's for sure going to be a pink fletch.

Pappy, Thanks Pappy, and yes, I don't have a problem w/ my masculinity.  ;) Easy to find if I get one out in the brush is what I want.

Thanks for the replies, dp

Offline IdahoMatt

« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2014, 10:08:28 pm »
Very clever.  I might have to try those blunts.  I love em

Offline bowtarist

« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2014, 02:58:13 pm »
Thanks Matt, They are easy to make and work good. Maybe I'll do a build along on that style blunt since most replies to this post have been about them rather than the arrows.  :)

dp