Author Topic: My first piece of osage, broken.  (Read 3220 times)

Offline IdahoMatt

Re: My first piece of osage, broken.
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2013, 10:41:38 am »
That's a bummer man.  I had to lean that one the hard way too.  Sorry to hear it broke.

Offline Danzn Bar

« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2013, 02:07:26 pm »
Thanks for all the help.  I will give the silk thread and glue a shot.  Ultimately, it was my fault.  Neither she or the boyfriend know about bows.  We shot a few arrows outside and came in.  She handed it to him while I was still in the other room.  He didn't know any better.

Thanks again.

Ill agree! It is your fault man. You gotta educate before you hand them over. My dad still feels the need to "Olympic" draw my bows to 32" if I don't stop him! And trust me, he knows better. Its a habit of his from gym class in 1961!

Stick with silk thread. Artificial sinew is good for sewing projects, that's about it. It frazzles and frays and stretches to the moon and back. That's not good medicine for a popped splinter. Be sure to glue the splinter down good before you wrap and glue again.

I agree with Pearl on the artificial sinew...I have had successes and failures with repairs, won't hurt to try.  Just to add a bit I would brace the bow to open the crack a bit then add the super glue and very soon there after un-brace it.

Good luck,
DBar
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking

Offline Arrowind

« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2013, 02:27:10 pm »
awe man that sucks.   Sorry that happened...
Talking trees. What do trees have to talk about, hmm... except the consistency of squirrel droppings?