Author Topic: Tillering for newbie  (Read 4148 times)

Offline Bryce

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Ghost Longbows
Re: Tillering for newbie
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2013, 10:47:54 pm »
Looking a little precarious on that right fade. Loosen that up a bit.
Clatskanie, Oregon

Offline Went tam

« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2013, 10:55:42 pm »
Thanks, I saw that also after I took the picture, but standing in front of it in person I didn't see it.  I'll work on that tomorrow night.

Offline SLIMBOB

• Deplorable Slim
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2013, 11:06:32 pm »
Yeah, I would agree, but it looks pretty good all in all.  What does the straight edge say?  Nice work so far.  I wont leave one locked in like that btw.  Tiller stick to about 15-16 inches then pull it by hand and get someone to snap a pic.  Might be where some of your set is coming from.
Liberty, In God We Trust, E Pluribus Unum.  Distinctly American Values.

Offline bow101

« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2013, 11:33:57 pm »
Looks pretty good,  much better than what I would of turned out in that amount of time...... ;)
"The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are."  Joseph Campbell

mikekeswick

« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2013, 05:31:33 am »
All I would say is shoot it lots now before you finish it. When you tiller so both limbs are dead even on a tree chances are the lower will end up a little weak when actually shot and drawn by hand. You can measure the gap between the string and the belly at equal points along the limbs. The upper's distance from the string should be a little more once shot in.
Anyway good effort!

Offline Went tam

« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2013, 11:41:53 am »
Went through and looked at the slide show pics of the PA member bows  WOW you guys are amazing!

Thanks again for all the help, the more I learn the more I realize I have to learn. 

Snuck out behind the shop before everyone was up this morning and shot the bow about a dozen times.  Now, I havent shot a bow since I was around 13 or 14 in gym class and I never was any good at it.  But after one miss short of the small end of the hay bail at 15 yards the rest were in the hay!! I am going to have to pick up a couple of finger guard things for us because my old hands are not warn and tuff in the right spots and I can only imagine what it will do to a girls fingers. 

I'm going to put a few coats of wipe on poly and bling it a little with some string silencers and it will be ready for christmas morning.  The guys at Griswalds Archery in Galesburg Ill. (very helpfull gentlemen) hooked me up with 3 CF wood grain looking arrows for her to start out with.

I'll put a pic up when its 100% later this weekend.

Matt

cant wait to start on one for me now!

Offline SLIMBOB

• Deplorable Slim
« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2013, 12:09:25 pm »
Lookin' forward to seeing it all finished up.  Way to go Dad!
Liberty, In God We Trust, E Pluribus Unum.  Distinctly American Values.