Author Topic: Pass it around  (Read 1131 times)

Offline BowSlayer

Pass it around
« on: December 11, 2013, 07:32:33 pm »
So i have been here for nearly a year and although i have learn't lots i feel i wan't to give something back, i have some character maple billits sitting around and was thinking of what to do with them. they are fully seasoned. so here's what im suggesting. we do a pass it around bow. where one person does some work then passes it on. then the next person does some work and passes it on, you get the idea.

if your intrested just say so below, don't worry i won't hold you to it just wan't to get an idea to see how many or if anyone is intrested. if there are enough people wanting to give it a try ill make an offical thread with the rules and also make a list.

thanks

London, England.

45#@28"

Offline Parnell

Re: Pass it around
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2013, 09:14:36 am »
A nice idea BowSlayer...something you are hoping to do with folks in the UK?  Might get pretty pricey to pass it around across the pond...
1’—>1’

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2013, 09:37:18 am »
I thought you retired Bowslayer. :-\ :o and just what are you giving back letting other folks work on YOUR bow ? ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline 4dog

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2013, 11:54:37 am »
some guys did that awhile back...think it took 3 or4 yrs to finish em and some were even lost or forgotten.   lol
"SET" is always there !!!

Offline BowSlayer

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2013, 03:28:12 pm »
I thought you retired Bowslayer. :-\ :o and just what are you giving back letting other folks work on YOUR bow ? ;) :)
 Pappy

Tried that didn't work.  And I was thinking of letting someone else have the bow.  :laugh:
London, England.

45#@28"

Offline paulsemp

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2013, 06:00:12 pm »
I just shipped a bow to Danny F in England from Chicago and it was $172. Thanks to all the people here who made it happen. Don't think you'll have a lot of takers squirrelly. Plus not to be be rude but splicing billets of maple is a whole lot of work when ever lumber yard has maple. Maple boards make great bows.