Author Topic: I want to increase draw weight on my two latest bows. will this work?  (Read 1074 times)

Offline Prarie Bowyer

Project# 1.  My RD boo backed osage picktured in "what ive been up to".  I'd like to increase the poundage a tad.  When I glued it up I got slight flats on the limbs and used a thicker than normal riser block whih translated into deeper deflex than I wanted. 

solution: I'm thinking of clamping it into a form to deepen the reflex curves a tad after heatguning the belly and heating it up.  UREA based glue so I don't think it will damage the glue.  Anor or then puting it back in the oven for 4 hours at 150 deg.  I'm thinking pulling the tips fwd may help increase the draw weight a tad.

Project#2.  Maple backed osage and bamboo trilam also featured in the above thread.  the one with maroon grip.  I'm wanting to add 15# to this.  I guess I could glue down another layer of wood or bamboo but i'm considering the flax or boo spining fibers in tb2.  I'm looking to NOT retiller it.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
Re: I want to increase draw weight on my two latest bows. will this work?
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2013, 12:17:56 pm »
Try it and see what happens, check back with your findings. If I where in your boots Id give them away and make two more, and be sure they had the weight I want.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Blaflair2

Re: I want to increase draw weight on my two latest bows. will this work?
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2013, 12:18:58 pm »
Well if u give me away I'd take one  :o

Can't u just pike them a little? Like half inch of each end and see where ur at
Nothing ventured nothing gained