Author Topic: need help  (Read 1293 times)

Offline dave in battle creek

need help
« on: November 17, 2013, 12:11:25 am »
Looking for someone in south west michigan to help me get started in primitive archery. :D

blackhawk

Re: need help
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2013, 08:04:50 am »
There's several+ michiganders that hang around here..maybe they'll chime in ;) I'm am exmichigander from Holland ;) every memorial day weekend there's a natural materials only shoot in Marshall...not far from you at all...I'd highly recommend you attend,and you'll learn a lot as there will be guys there making bows...so bring some wood n tools or what not n pull up a seat and start hacking away on wood and asking questions ;). Oh..and I'll be there as usual good lord willing ;) 

Offline tattoo dave

• Rockford, MI
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2013, 02:33:34 pm »
How goes it Dave? Welcome to PA! I live in rockford, mi, which is just north of grand rapids. I'm in battle creek a lot for work. What do you need to get started? I have some boards I'd share, to get you started. 

Tattoo Dave
Rockford, MI

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2013, 05:47:13 pm »
I would highly recommend attending the Marshall shoot as well. Great place to learn.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline dave in battle creek

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2013, 06:01:19 pm »
Pretty steap learning curve I imagine. But way more fun than my glass bows I bet.

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2013, 07:09:31 pm »
How did you folks get ahead of me on this one !! :laugh: :laugh:
Storm just blew thru so just got back up !
Marshall is the place to be for sure and only minutes from you !!
Watch the events page for more info , I will put it up after the first of the year !!
There are a few close to you  maybe they will see this , but not sure how many are on the net !
See ya at Marshall!!
Guy
Guy Dasher
The Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
Primitive Archery Society
Having  fun
To God be the glory !