Author Topic: Meat hanging in the garage  (Read 2924 times)

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
Re: Meat hanging in the garage
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2013, 03:43:58 pm »
Now that day sounds like a GOODER! Gun season opens Saturday here. Way to go JW, for bein a great role model...did I just say that?

;), dpg
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2013, 12:02:36 am »
Great story. A 243 is a classic deer load. I don't have one, but it's on my wish list. Darn kids is right! Congrats on getting meat!!

Cipriano
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline CherokeeKC

• PM108323
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2013, 05:00:07 pm »
I can relate JW.  A 17 yr old kid from the neighborhood who is a buddy of mine hunts the same small 5 acres of woods behind a horse lot as I do.  He text me about 3:50 Wed. evening that a doe just came by out of range and headed into the cutover.  This was the exact opposite of what the deer do.  They usually come from the cutover to the woods to eat acorns and eventually to the bean field.  So I told him that something made that doe head into the cutover and that it was a good chance a buck was on her trail and be on the lookout.  About 5:10 he called to say he shot a buck.  I drove out there to show him how to field dress then we hung it up at my house for the night.  Then last night I showed him how to skin and butcher it.  It turned out to be a decent 6 pointer and was his first deer ever.  Feels good to pass it on.
Aim Small...Hit Small

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2013, 10:02:57 pm »
I can relate JW.  A 17 yr old kid from the neighborhood who is a buddy of mine hunts the same small 5 acres of woods behind a horse lot as I do.  He text me about 3:50 Wed. evening that a doe just came by out of range and headed into the cutover.  This was the exact opposite of what the deer do.  They usually come from the cutover to the woods to eat acorns and eventually to the bean field.  So I told him that something made that doe head into the cutover and that it was a good chance a buck was on her trail and be on the lookout.  About 5:10 he called to say he shot a buck.  I drove out there to show him how to field dress then we hung it up at my house for the night.  Then last night I showed him how to skin and butcher it.  It turned out to be a decent 6 pointer and was his first deer ever.  Feels good to pass it on.

No way he will ever forget this memory!  Thanks for helping him make it come to pass. 

I have a friend that is turning 50 this year and has decided she really likes the venison I feed her.  She has asked if I would take her hunting so she can decide if she wants to do it herself.   ;D  Just keep passing it along.
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.