Author Topic: Morrigan's quiver  (Read 3317 times)

Offline lostarrow

Morrigan's quiver
« on: November 28, 2013, 05:18:26 pm »
" Sweetpea " just turned seven! How many seven year old girls do you know that would ask their Daddy to make them this. She is a special girl , and I'm a lucky man to have such a wonderful daughter and friend to share this interest with. She was pretty specific about what she wanted after she saw my quiver. Took me a while to find the time but she was pretty happy with the results.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2013, 05:26:17 pm by lostarrow »

Offline JW_Halverson

Re: Morrigan's quiver
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2013, 06:03:47 pm »
You better have said a long prayer of Thanksgiving today for such a child as her!
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline lostarrow

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2013, 08:00:37 pm »
Every day , JW .Every day!

Offline NeolithicMan

• No beliefs, just ideas
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2013, 11:14:47 pm »
Awesome! I got a two year old who loves when we shoot bow, cant wait until i can make him dome more useful equipment!
John, 40-65# @ 28" Central New York state. Never enough bows, never enough arrows!

Offline Wylden Freeborne

• This Is Primal War
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2013, 12:08:00 am »
Is Morrigan your daughter's name? Beautiful Celt-Gaelic name and a beautiful quiver to match! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtOgFHdwZ3M
"The end of the human race will be that it will eventually die of civilization." Emerson

Offline lostarrow

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2013, 12:36:35 am »
Yeah, they say that people suit or grow into their names. Morrigan (my daughter ) has always been fascinated in the most beautiful way with things that most would consider dark or creepy. For her , the perfect hike would end with finding some bones or the like. Her favorite birds are Ravens ( thus the beadwork on the fire bag). She asked If I could teach her how to throw a spear ,when she was 5 and the next thing I new she was throwing while running and then finishing off the cardboard box with some aggressive two handed thrusts while yelling that we were" going to be eating Mammoth tonight". For those unfamiliar with Celtic myth, Morrigan  is the goddess of war and death on the battlefield. She is symbolised by ravens.  We hadn't told her the meaning of her name until recently. She's just always been that way. Even with the Ravens. She isn't squeamish at all  with dead birds and animals ,and shows great respect and reverence for them. Something I've always  insisted on but never had to teach her.At the same time, she is the most loving ,sweet little girly girl you'll ever meet. She sees beauty in places overlooked by most ( very refreshing in our busy world) Thanks for listening to the babblings of a very proud father.

Offline chamookman

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2013, 05:21:20 am »
Way cool Quiver ! Happy belated Birthday young Lady - Bob.
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Badly Bent

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2013, 07:45:36 am »
Very special quiver and sounds like a heck of special little girl too Arrowind. She'll be roaming the fields in style wearing that fine piece and probably be the envy of all her young friends. Enjoy your time together warriors. :)
I ain't broke but I'm badly bent.

Offline half eye

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2013, 10:19:25 am »
First class act right there, daughter and quiver both. Especially nice that ya know what ya have, don't get any better.
rich

Offline lostarrow

« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2013, 10:49:57 am »
Thanks, Guys! I have two wonderful kids ,both very different . Both  enjoy spending time shooting arrows with the old man. I hope it will always be that way.

Offline Greenman1867

• Greenman's Hearth & Homestead
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2013, 08:28:02 pm »
That's an amazing Quiver, I would say you both have a lot to be thankful for! Great daughter, great dad!
Complete and utter primitive archery rookie.......