Author Topic: Expensive camo  (Read 9334 times)

Offline osage outlaw

Re: Expensive camo
« Reply #30 on: October 20, 2013, 06:25:50 pm »
My clothes have always came from the husky isle
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #31 on: October 20, 2013, 06:39:52 pm »
Yep! That shirt looks Husky ;).
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Marks

« Reply #32 on: October 21, 2013, 12:57:01 pm »
Unfortunately you guys are all wrong. I bought a new pair a realtree camo pants on Friday afternoon because I tore the rearend out of my other pair. Just after daylight Sat morning I had 5 does walk out and present a shot. I choked and missed  :-\ but I had to be the shiny new camo that gave me the shot opportunity. There is not no other explaination. Also my buddy was wearing a new pair of camo overalls and had 3 small bucks all present shots. He passed but the camo did its work.

I suggest everyone goes out and buys brand new state of the art camo if you want to be a successful hunter.  ;)

Offline stickbender

« Reply #33 on: October 21, 2013, 03:09:24 pm »

Depending on the weather, if it is cold, and snow on the ground, I wear my German military wool pants, German civil defense wool jacket, or my Swedish military, wool pants and my Swedish military wool coat, none of which is camo, and though I may look like an escaped prisoner of war, I am warm, and comfortable, and I have no problems with deer, walking close to me.  In the warmer weather, like here in Florida, I wear,blue jeans, and camo T shirt, with my camo sniper net shirt, and or my sniper veil draped around the tree limbs, or bushes.  Sometimes, I just wear a regular shirt, with the camo net shirt, and blue jeans, and sneakers.  I do have some German Flecktar parkas, and pants, that I will occasionally, will wear.  But like it is said, it doesn't matter if you have all the latest high tech camo, if you move around, or SMOKE, or make noise, it doesn't matter.  I have a set of Brittish Chemical warfare pants, and jacket, with charcoal lining.  It smells.  I have to leave it hanging on the clothes line for a couple of weeks, to get the new clothing smell, and whatever else was on it, out.  The reason Eddie snared Cathy is she didn't recognize him for what he was, in that shirt.  Those are good camo shirts, but especially in areas, that have palmettos. And rattle snakes. :o  Another good pattern down here is the jump suit , or shirt, or jacket, and pants with the marsh reeds pattern.  It is good for the saw grass, and other grass type weeds here in Florida.  But just plain ol clothes work just fine, if you take the time to find a good place to sit, or stand, or if you are walking, stalking etc.  Doesn't matter a lot, as long as you take your time.  They are going to catch movement.
                                                                     Wayne