Author Topic: a bow in a boat. (im not sure where this goes?)  (Read 1685 times)

Offline BowSlayer

a bow in a boat. (im not sure where this goes?)
« on: September 30, 2013, 08:30:13 am »
at the start of the summer i started making a boat and got up to the part where i instaled the ribs. but it was falling appart every 5 mins so i went back to the frame. after thinking of a way to make a new stem i thought "ill make a bow!" so i got some pine made a 11" static handle 2" fades and 28" working limbs. but because this was going to be part of a boat i kept it all 2" wide. no taper. im not sure where to put this post does it go here in bows because of the bow or would it need to go in around the campfire  because it's going to be part of a boat. im also thinking of a way to fix it to the main frame but ill kyak uder that bridge when i get to it. sorry if this is in the wrong section.

the bow

the bow on the frame

one idea i had is to put this wedge between the bow and frame and put dowels through it?

thanks for looking, tell me what you think.
London, England.

45#@28"

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
Re: a bow in a boat. (im not sure where this goes?)
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2013, 11:09:37 am »
Cool Bowslayer.Keep it going.I guess if you are'nt going to brace that boat to shoot it oughta be in the campfire section ya think?
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline Onebowonder

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2013, 11:38:32 am »
I expect this belong over in the Campfire section as well, ...but - This is going to be a fairly light and low displacement boat.  Is it for a child?

OneBow

Offline BowSlayer

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2013, 03:11:43 pm »
yeah it's probably going to be too small for me so ill let my cousin take it in the water, if it ever gets to that stage  >:D
London, England.

45#@28"

Offline BowSlayer

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2013, 03:55:21 pm »
London, England.

45#@28"