Author Topic: My 1st Osage Bow.  (Read 3837 times)

Offline Badly Bent

Re: My 1st Osage Bow.
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2013, 10:18:01 pm »
Like the profile and lit-o-bit of character in that bow. Good looker and likely cast a arrow well to boot. Nice bow.
I ain't broke but I'm badly bent.

Offline Danzn Bar

« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2013, 10:28:58 pm »
Nice looking hunting bow
DBar
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking

Offline TimPotter

« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2013, 08:17:29 am »
Thanks everyone.

Blackhawk I wish I could head towards the mountains this weekend, but I doubt it. I'm saving up on supplies for a Scout campout the following weekend with my youngest son. Gonna bring along a few all wood bows for the archery range and a few in progress. But one day soon I'll head your way. :-)

True, Steve is ageless. I learned a lot with him in only 48 hours. I'd love it to have been 48 days. Very cool guy. And Way smart.
"The best way to find out if you can trust somebody is to trust them."  Ernest Hemingway

Offline Hrothgar

« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2013, 08:39:04 am »
Good looking bow Tim, thanks for posting. Glad to hear you're going to be helping out the Scouts, that's what its all about.
" To be, or not to be"...decisions, decisions, decisions.

blackhawk

« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2013, 08:53:35 am »
Cool man...that'll be a hoot too....I'm gonna be in dolly sods this weekend packing n roving the wilderness ;)

Steve came out for the 2012 Tennessee classic and we all got to meet,hangout,and make bows like possessed madmen for several days in a row non stop sun up to way past sun down.. he made several bows along with a bunch of other guys and myself(I made several too)..what a blast ;)

Offline TimPotter

« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2013, 09:12:02 am »
Yes Scouts are important. And thank you.

Blackhawk that place is awesome to hike. Enjoy.  :)
"The best way to find out if you can trust somebody is to trust them."  Ernest Hemingway

blackhawk

« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2013, 10:20:09 am »
Oh I will..my wife is from that area/region so I know it well...love that whole area,dolly sods,roaring plains,north fork mountain n Seneca rocks,spruce mountain,otter creek wilderness, blackwater,canaaan etc...its the best region in all of west by god IMHO..I'll be packing a yew takedown ;)

Offline TimPotter

« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2013, 12:21:17 pm »
There is just something down right soul cleansing hiking in the wilderness with a bow. Acorns are plentiful this year too, you might cook up some fat squirrels, then again trout might be nice. Enjoy!!! :P

Took the bow out last night to hammer in a few dozen arrows. Love the way this bow casts. It's a keeper. And the string lines right down the center. After shooting and unstringing it stayed straight as a board. I never heat-tempered it either.  >:D