Author Topic: know what happened to yewArcher  (Read 2264 times)

Offline Newindian

know what happened to yewArcher
« on: September 21, 2013, 01:36:33 pm »
Did a trade with him a while back and have yet to hear from him
I like free stuff.

Offline Josh B

Re: know what happened to yewArcher
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2013, 02:31:26 pm »
I don't know the fella, but some of us older fellas take a while to get projects done.  Most of the time we end up with all the projects that we don't want to do put off for so long that they pile up and take a few months to get caught up on.  I would not be surprised to hear that this is the case here.  I doubt he stiffed ya.  He's probly just swamped.  Josh

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2013, 08:04:27 pm »
I don't know him personally, but it looks like he has not stopped by here since June 25th.  Not a good sign.  If you go to his profile and click on the little envelope icon, you can send an email directly to the email address he used when he signed up. Tell him you need to hear from him.
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline paulsemp

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2013, 12:18:47 am »
I saw and talked to him at elm hall

Offline toomanyknots

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2013, 12:36:26 am »
I never understand people who do that sort of thing. I mean, I know stuff happens. Like, in an instance like this, some one can have a family emergency (which has happened to me) and this can put everything including your life on the line. They could of gone to jail. Their internet may not be working. Anything could happen, I understand. But if it is really a case of someone just not contacting someone, even if they are having trouble or something is taking longer than expected, I think it is extremely disrespectful to not contact the other person, it takes the smallest amount of effort to shoot someone a private message. Although without being in the other persons shoes, it is always impossible to tell for sure what the deal is.
"The way of heaven is like the bending of a bow-
 the upper part is pressed down,
 the lower part is raised up,
 the part that has too much is reduced,
 the part that has too little is increased."

- Tao Te Ching, 77, A new translation by Victor H. Mair

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2013, 08:31:14 am »
Did a trade with him a while back and have yet to hear from him

Does he still owe you?  Or are you just curious where he is?
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Newindian

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2013, 12:12:56 pm »
He still owes me, the trade was I send him green staves and he sends me back one as a bow, so I didn't expect to hear much for a while, but I thought I would hear something by now and he's disappeared.
I like free stuff.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2013, 03:51:52 pm »
He isnt dishonest. Last I talked w him he told me about your deal. That was August.  He will come through I'm certain.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline toomanyknots

« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2013, 12:15:16 am »
He still owes me, the trade was I send him green staves and he sends me back one as a bow, so I didn't expect to hear much for a while, but I thought I would hear something by now and he's disappeared.

Ok, I see now. In this case, me personally, I would be ticked if he delivered his end of the deal early, (without seasoning the wood proper), haha. I hope you hear from him soon.
"The way of heaven is like the bending of a bow-
 the upper part is pressed down,
 the lower part is raised up,
 the part that has too much is reduced,
 the part that has too little is increased."

- Tao Te Ching, 77, A new translation by Victor H. Mair

Offline Josh B

« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2013, 12:21:22 am »

Ok, I see now. In this case, me personally, I would be ticked if he delivered his end of the deal early, (without seasoning the wood proper), haha. I hope you hear from him soon.

TMK-that is without a doubt the best way to look at this!  I couldn't agree more! Lol!  Josh

blackhawk

« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2013, 07:20:17 am »
Patience then...the wood needs to cure ..Steve's a pretty good guy..may not be super active here on the forum,but id imagine he'll come thru on the deal ?

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2013, 07:58:25 am »
 :)
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2013, 09:00:53 am »
It'll be worth the wait. I've seen and handled Steve's bows and they are sweet. He owns his own architectural business and gets buried sometimes.