Author Topic: Reality show idea  (Read 1526 times)

Offline kevinnator11

• Just a new guy learning all of the tips and tricks
Reality show idea
« on: August 22, 2013, 08:22:39 pm »
So how awesome would it be for a reality show that showed primitive skills?  They have all these prepper and survivor shows and some of these people wouldn't survive once all their food ever ran out. 

I think a show that combined all the stuff we see on the forums on bows from staves, forging knives and hawks, knapping points, tanning leather, dressing kills......etc would be awesome to watch.  They could find "experts" on the forums.  That's something I'd love to watch.  Kind of like that "Colony" show was but more primitive.

What do you guys think?  I've actually looked into pitching something like this.
Kevin

Offline turtle

• PA1007207
Re: Reality show idea
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2013, 08:53:37 pm »
I would watch it. But i think it would be hard to get advertisers to invest in a show that teaches you to make your own stuff.
Steve Bennett

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2013, 09:11:11 pm »
Those shows have to have Drama, real or not to survive. Anybody on here ever scream, cry and quit eating or attacked your neighbor when a bow or point broke? ::)  And I bet the experts would be lining up to be on it, there's tons of people thinking they can get rich and famous making bows.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2013, 01:06:34 am »
Anybody on here ever scream, cry and quit eating or attacked your neighbor when a bow or point broke? ::) 

Nope, but I whine like a mosquito in heat when things don't go my way.  Which is pretty much most of the time.
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline wildman

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2013, 02:57:18 am »
I agree with Mullet everything must be drama2. That being said your overall idea I would love,but BS sales. like sinewing a bow overnight (as seen on T.V.) most people dont have a clue that survival is coexistence with your surroundings. Not very show worthy to most,
" Society your crazy greed , hope your not lonely without me"

-Eddie Vedder-

Offline kevinnator11

• Just a new guy learning all of the tips and tricks
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2013, 01:09:57 pm »
Yeah the idea was for it to be educational.  Guess some would find that boring.  I may put together a pitch for it though and send it in.  I've thought of all kinds of topics that I'd love to learn.
Kevin

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2013, 10:55:26 pm »
It's a good idea but, it seems like Discovery Channel or National Geographic doesn't care about it being educational. Just look at NG's Doomsday Preppers, it's not educational as much as ,look at these dumb a$$'.

If it's going to be anywhere close to educational you have to hire some old stuffie dude to narrate it with a British accent and have him talk down to everybody like they are stupid. ::)
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline sleek

« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2013, 06:45:47 pm »
I think Naked and Afraid came darn close to perfect....
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others