Author Topic: 21st White Tail Classic [TwinOaks]  (Read 4214 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
21st White Tail Classic [TwinOaks]
« on: September 05, 2013, 06:43:31 am »
Twin Oaks Bowhunters
                                    1079 Ashley Rd. Chapmansboro,TN.37035

20th Annual White-Tail Classic

September 14, 28-29- 2013

The Classic will consist of two stages:

1.   A target shoot on September 14th   using 18 deer targets and 2 turkey targets placed at reasonable hunting ranges and in realistic hunting situations.

2.   An actual deer and turkey hunt on the opening weekend of the Tennessee deer archery season (September 28-29), using any legal means of hunting, at a location of the hunter’s choice.  Deer and turkeys of either sex may be taken.  Deer and turkeys taken in Kentucky are acceptable.

3.   There will be two classes: compound and traditional.  The traditional class will consist of recurve, longbow or selfbow, with no sights or stabilizers.  A traditional team must shoot all traditional class.

Scoring for the Classic will be as follows:

1.   Target Shoot.  Scoring will be on standard 3D deer and turkey targets with 10 and 8 points for an arrow in a marked vital area (12 rings will not be used).  An arrow in a non-vital area will be considered a wounding shot and there will be a deduction of 3 points.  A miss will be scored as 0 points.  Target points must be used on arrows during the target shoot.

2.   Deer and Turkey Hunt.  Deer: one point per pound of field dressed body weight, plus five points for each antler point. An antler point will be judged using the Pope and Young determination and the decision of the official scorer is final.  Turkey: one point per pound of body weight, plus three points for each inch of beard length (rounded to the nearest inch) and two points for each 1/8-inch of spur length (two spurs combined).  Turkeys with multiple beards will only be scored on the longest beard.  Deer and turkeys must be harvested in accordance with appropriate state regulations.

Awards will be made to the top individual hunter in each class and to the top three-hunter team in each class based upon the total combined points in the target shoot and the deer/turkey hunt.  An individual hunter may weigh in a maximum of four deer and one wild turkey during the hunting stage of the Classic, but only the top scoring deer and the turkey will count for individual awards.  A team may weigh in twelve deer (maximum four deer per hunter) and three wild turkeys, but only the top three deer and the turkeys will count for the team awards.

Entry fee is $15 per individual and there is no team entry fee, however the team and class must be designated at the time of registration and prior to commencing the target shoot.

Registration for the Classic and the target shoot will be held on September 14 th at the Twin Oaks Bowhunters Archery Range located off U. S. Highway 41A south of Clarksville, Tennessee, (between Exits 11 and 19 on Interstate 24) at Oak Plains Road.  Follow the signs to the range which is across from Smith’s Auto Salvage. Daylight till Dark.

Times for the checking in of deer and additional instructions for the deer and turkey hunt will be provided at the registration.

For additional information, contact Mark Baggett, [Pappy] (931) 362-3717.
Love to have you if you are anywhere Close or plan on hunting in Mid.Tennessee or Sourthen KY. Opening weekend. Just come visit if you are in the area,lots going on Opening weekend.  ;) :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
Re: 21st White Tail Classic [TwinOaks]
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2013, 08:07:59 am »
 Seems I have a had a few complants about this so Just want to add,some folks don't approve of these types of events,I want assure that all the deer/turkey taken are used and respected as they should be. Any taken that are unwanted are cleaned/packaged and either used at TwinOaks or given to someone that needs it.Shoot a deer for points sometime bothers people but in my feeble mind it is no different than shoot one for big horns/hides/teeth/beards or just general supplies.As long as it is used I see no problem. :) Hope it doesn't offend anyone.It is a really laid back event with lots of laughter/fun and fellowship with or Bowhunting buddies that we only see once or twice a year.Visit if you get a chance even if you don't plan to compete,then you will understand,also have some good Venison. If you make the Tennessee Classic you will be eating some of these,so no worries,the meat/hides/sinew are uses in a very useful way I assure you of that.  :) Have a good day. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline HH~

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2013, 01:16:17 pm »
Yep, just another day in the field with a bow in yer grip. Good time for all and if it's to early for ya to go and sweat it out in the pucker-brush You'z can always just shoot the foam deer targets. Great time of year to see yer buds before you disappear in the thick stuff for 3 solid months of slingen arrows.

I recommend this event to any and all shooters in the Tenn & Ky Mid state area. Great final tune up shoot.

Pap I see Jimi has worked on the site he gonna post last event #'s before we get into the Whitetail shoot#'s. Bunch of us Wounded mega Warriors were wonderin how we faired with only the left side of our topknots werrkin at 100%.
Thanx
C ya Sat

MAFA: Makin America Free Again

Long is the road, Hard is the way.

Mother Gue never raised such a foolish child. . . .

Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight onto the Ranger objective and complete the mission though I be the lone survivor. RLTW

Offline _Jon_

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2013, 03:51:21 pm »
Hope we get a  lot of friends to show up!  It will be fun for sure.  :)
Member of "Twin Oaks Bow Hunters,"  Chapmansboro, Tennessee

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2013, 05:45:12 am »
Thanks,Jimmy is supposed to be getting that info up,I think he is waiting on My son[Beau] to send it to him.I will get on that. Glad you enjoyed it and I feel sure anyone that makes this will also. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2013, 08:38:27 am »
Was hopin to make it but Darla's gotta work Saturday  :-\.. Brian
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2013, 09:07:39 am »
Wished it had of worked out,it will be a fun event and we have the bash[big party for the Club and friends] that afternoon after the shoot and into the night. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2013, 08:03:43 am »
Good shoot,we had 22 teams of 3 plus some singles,about like normal.Thanks for all that attended.Hope you had a good time and to see ya back in a couple of weeks. ;) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2013, 08:42:52 am »
The second and final leg of this is starting Saturday morning. ;) ;D ;D Hope to have some interesting pictures by Sunday night. ;) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline _Jon_

« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2013, 10:50:17 pm »
I should have a few early pictures posted on Twin Oaks Face book page Saturday and early Sunday.   :)
Member of "Twin Oaks Bow Hunters,"  Chapmansboro, Tennessee