Author Topic: Some Choctaw "Iti Tanampo" (bow) & "Iti Naki" (arrows).  (Read 1842 times)

Offline Ed Brooks

Some Choctaw "Iti Tanampo" (bow) & "Iti Naki" (arrows).
« on: August 19, 2013, 03:08:17 pm »
here is a link that has some older Choctaw bows and arrows, you can click on each one in the box to the left on the web page. I hope you enjoy this. Ed
http://www.choctawnationculture.com/choctaw-culture/early-choctaw-traditional-arts/bows-and-arrows.aspx
It's in my blood...

Centralia WA,

Offline Poggins

Re: Some Choctaw "Iti Tanampo" (bow) & "Iti Naki" (arrows).
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2013, 05:35:48 pm »
I ran across them when I was researching the Choctaws while trying to get my family's role number , seems like the bows are from the mid 1800's to the early 1900's .

Offline Ed Brooks

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2013, 06:16:21 pm »
I ran across them when I was researching the Choctaws while trying to get my family's role number , seems like the bows are from the mid 1800's to the early 1900's .
I got my card a while ago. I need to look at getting my kids set up. I need to see about their Sioux blood also, as they have more native blood than I do.. here is another link to some more Choctaw stuff I found Poggins,
There are a bunch of links here enjoy. Ed
http://www.choctawschool.com/home-side-menu/iti-fabvssa/choctaw-%E2%80%98arrowheads%E2%80%99-capture-interest.aspx 
It's in my blood...

Centralia WA,

Offline Poggins

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2013, 07:07:01 pm »
ED , contact the tribal office and get the forms for their role numbers fill them out and send your original birth certificat and your kids originals ( they won't take copies ) to them . They will send them back to you after they make copies , and when they get a chance to look at them and sign the papers you should have their role numbers , my problem is no one kept the role number after 1911 or so and the death certificates are not filled out right , we are in the process of getting them corrected but with you already having yours it should be a breeze for you .
Thanks for the other sights .

Offline YosemiteBen

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2013, 07:36:52 pm »
Gentle NDNs - Thanks for the info. My fathers tribe is not federally recognized ( we were at one point and managed to get disenrolled by the less scrupulous) My mothers tribe is but I do not have enough government blood to make into that tribe. I still have yet to make my first bow. A little trepidatious without a teacher next to me. My cousin got a role number in July 1968 and by October that year they had stopped giving out role numbers so I missed out! :-\ Still NDN in my heart and soul!