Author Topic: Hand Shock  (Read 3468 times)

mikekeswick

Re: Hand Shock
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2013, 07:20:43 am »
Why do we avoid tillering/timing bows properly? It's no harder to do it that way... in fact, considering the work involved in trying to mask the plethora of possible negative effects on the bow, the arrow, and the archer due to timing discrepencies, it's actually much easier to address the root cause from the get-go.

It's refreshing to see so many giving limb syncronization the importance it ultimately commands.

:)

Flatlander - cool! I'm glad they are right now. I find I use the last 4 inches of draw to address all these niggles. When you get a bow just right it's a great feeling  ;)

Offline SLIMBOB

• Deplorable Slim
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2013, 10:32:41 am »
Me too on limb timing.  Just finished a bow with big fat tips.  Big double knots on the end of one limb so I had to stay a bit wide and kept the other tip wide to match.  I was concerned, as were some of my compadres about the tip weight causing hand shock.  None, and it's a bendy handle to boot.  It's primarily limb timing IMO.
Liberty, In God We Trust, E Pluribus Unum.  Distinctly American Values.

Offline Dances with squirrels

« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2013, 01:11:39 pm »
Yes, but then when limb timing is off, heavy tips, or an overbuilt bow begin to exaggerate the felt recoil. The more the timing is off, and the more the bow is overbuilt, the more teeth it'll shake loose.
Straight wood may make a better bow, but crooked wood makes a better bowyer