Author Topic: luv me sum appalachia ;) ...(stave pics added)  (Read 4025 times)

blackhawk

Re: luv me sum appalachia ;)
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2013, 09:45:22 am »
Bows can wait Kenny...I don't need another one right away anyways...or do I  ::)

Come on down pearly....anytime ;) jus lemme know when n I'll take ya there ;)

Offline paulsemp

« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2013, 02:17:38 pm »
hey Chris if pearly boy doesn't take you up on that offer I just might have to one day. about 10 years ago spent a week on the Appalachian trail in Vermont, little different scenery but loved it. nothing like some good backpacking time

blackhawk

« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2013, 02:25:37 pm »
hey Chris if pearly boy doesn't take you up on that offer I just might have to one day. about 10 years ago spent a week on the Appalachian trail in Vermont, little different scenery but loved it. nothing like some good backpacking time

Sure man..come on out n join the fun...jus lemme know....I'm always up for an adventure :D

blackhawk

« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2013, 04:18:29 pm »
here ya go O.O.  ...heres the two staves  ;)  ::) .....sorry for the crappy pics  :-\ ...but you get the idea

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
Re: luv me sum appalachia ;) ...(stave pics added)
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2013, 05:14:53 pm »

Maybe we should do a 4 manner? I know my bro-in -law would go. Lets talk it over at ELM HALL for a trek next spring. This year is bagged for me.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2013, 05:55:57 pm »
Those look like fun.  Glad to see the beard is coming back. 
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline seabass

« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2013, 08:00:25 pm »
just awesome.i am glad you had a great time.
Middletown,Ohio

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2013, 11:16:31 pm »
Ever since I got into running the woods in moccasins, knee breeches with leggings, linen shirts and a flintlock I have ached to run that kinds of area.  Be nice to have a deer tag and some like minded folks to run those hills with! 

When the "over the mountain boys" from that area found out the Redcoats were demanding they turn over their guns and ammunition they packed a couple days provisions and came a runnin' just to hand over the round balls first!  It was their constant and overwhelming harrassment actions that tied up the majority of the British army and allowed Washington to make his decisive strike at Yorktown.  When Major Patrick Ferguson was told the Colonial irregulars were storming his position on Kings Mountain he stated in a matter of fact manner that they would never dislodge him from that position.  He was more right than he imagined...he's still there.

Lotta history in that area, gotta be some good mojo in those mountain laurel staves.  Careful how you treat 'em.
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2013, 12:17:40 am »
Heck, y'all all look alike anyway!  ;D
 I'm curious to see how the laurel works out, Chris. If it works well....I'm sitting on a goldmind!  ;)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

blackhawk

« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2013, 07:35:30 am »
Let's make it happen pearly n Paul ;)

Funny u mention that JW.....there's a rock down there called eagle rock,and its named after William Eagle..at fifteen years old he joined the service in the revolutionary war,and served in  4 different regiments ..its believed he fought at Valley Forge and Yorktown...and that he was a Colonel...his lonely grave is at the base of eagle rocks...and since it was the 4th of July there was many flags and flowers decorating his grave....it was neat to see a grave of a revolutionary hero who helped fight for our independence on the 4th of July... :D

Offline MWirwicki

• The wood speaks to you; Listen with your eyes. GSD
« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2013, 08:21:54 am »
Cool trip, Hawkster!  Thanks for sharing the pics.
Matt Wirwicki
Owosso, MI