Author Topic: Going back home.  (Read 2497 times)

Offline Mike_H

Going back home.
« on: July 07, 2013, 01:51:57 pm »
After nearly 12 years in Maine, I'm moving back to the St. Louis Metro area at the end of this month.  I won't go into the reasons why but it's not been a great year so far.  Those of you who live in the area, drop me a message, maybe we can get something going.  Wish us luck.

Offline seabass

Re: Going back home.
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2013, 03:06:24 pm »
good luck Mike.i hope everything works out for you.
Middletown,Ohio

Offline Mike_H

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2013, 03:23:23 pm »
Thanks.  It should.  At the very least, I can get more into primitive archery and living skills. =)

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2013, 03:30:42 pm »
Coupla years ago I was all bent out of shape because everything had gone to hell in a handbaske...again.  As usual, I was at fault for the greatest part.  I was whining to myself about having to start all over yet again.  A friend gently reminded me that life is nothing but a series of starting overs and that I still had a lot of things going for me. 

Sounds like you are digging the best parts out of what went south.  Good for you, nothing wrong with getting a little more time to play with wood and other natural materials.

Isn't Sadie and her crowd in the St Louis area?  At least you got some like minded folks to play primitive with! 

Good luck with the changes, sometimes you just gotta stand back, give it a good honest look over, and start re-tillering!  Make a shooter out of your life, that's all you are asked to do anyway.
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Mike_H

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2013, 03:54:23 pm »
Thanks, JW.  I already know a few people down there.  Marty Rueter from Flintkanppingtips.com is not far from where I'll be as well as others who are interested in the past.  Not to mention my little brother has gotten into primitive archery in the last few years.  So yeah, I'm going to be alright.  My wife will miss Maine, as she grew up here and all of her family is here, whereas my family is in Missouri.  Life goes one and we take it one day at a time.

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2013, 03:59:42 pm »
You married a Maine-iac?   ;D

I stopped for directions once in Maine.  There was a feller sitting on the bench in front of the local post office.  So I asked him, "How do I get to Bangor?"  He answers with that Maine drawl, "Cain't get tha from heah."  I thought he was kidding, so I asked him where this road goes.  His reply, "Don't go no-wheah...just lies theah."  Now I am thinking he isn't local, maybe doesn't know his way around, and doesn't want to reveal his lack of knowledge in local cartography.  So I says to him, "You lived here all your life?"  He answers, "No.  Not yet."

Maine-iacs.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2013, 04:04:02 pm by JW_Halverson »
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Mike_H

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2013, 04:20:03 pm »
You know what they say "Love is blind", more way than one it seems.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2013, 07:48:45 am »
Good luck with your move,hope things get better for you in the coming year. :)
 Life seems to be full of ups and downs. :) 
  Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Mike_H

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2013, 09:37:32 am »
Thanks Pappy.  This entire year has been the biggest down since we got married.  Things will bet better once we leave.  And besides, I won't too far to go to the classic once the money's there. =)

Offline RidgeRunner

« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2013, 10:15:15 am »
Good luck with the move.
All you really need to go to the Classic is gas money.  That is if you cant thumb a ride.
You wont starve while there that is for sure.  You might get rained on but you will be in good company. ;)

David
David Key / N.W. Alabama

Offline Mike_H

« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2013, 11:06:23 am »
Thanks, David.  It's more of trying to get the time away from the family and gas cash that's the issue at the moment.  But I'll do what I can. =)

Offline Patches

« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2013, 03:38:40 pm »
Unfortunately I live on the other side of the state now.  I grew up in the Ozarks about 100 miles south of St. Louis. I make it over there about 5 time a year.  I know there are some guys in the Cedar Hill/Desoto area (I apologize but I cannot remember there names) that I talk to every year at MOJAM.  Swampmonkey lives about 70 miles south of St. Louis near Jackson.   Good luck with the move. 
"You are never a complete failure as long as you can be used as a bad example..."

Offline Mike_H

« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2013, 04:00:15 pm »
Thanks Patches.  Yeah, I know there a quite a few people in the area.  I honestly can't wait to get back.