Author Topic: Looking for old school BMX stuff  (Read 3102 times)

Offline jonathan creason

Looking for old school BMX stuff
« on: June 06, 2013, 03:20:24 pm »
I want to build up an old school BMX bike for tooling around town and riding the pump track with my kids.  Any of you guys have anything hanging out in a barn or anything?  I've got a couple of self bows, B50, some cane shafts, a bushcraft knife and stone points I know I can offer.  There's probably more I can dig up if you have anything else you're looking for.

Thanks
Cleveland, NC

"The only thing cooler than bands that gets lots of chicks are bands that scare chicks." - Beavis

Offline jonathan creason

Re: Looking for old school BMX stuff
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2013, 05:11:06 pm »
Also interested in old Schwinn frames, banana seats, 24" wheels, etc.
Cleveland, NC

"The only thing cooler than bands that gets lots of chicks are bands that scare chicks." - Beavis

Offline chamookman

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2013, 03:54:49 am »
You're taking Me back, had a one with banana seat/springer front end and ape hanggers. OH - it also had a "slick" drag racing tire on the back  :D. Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Thesquirrelslinger

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2013, 03:57:47 pm »
24" rims? Cause I have a front one for a mtn bike. Maybe a back one too.

"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results"

Offline jonathan creason

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2013, 11:24:39 am »
Possibly.  I'm talking with someone else about some gear, let me see what he is able to round up and I'll get with you.
Cleveland, NC

Offline jonathan creason

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2013, 03:10:45 pm »
Working on one possible bike frame, but I'm always open to more.  I have this knife (15n20 blade, micarta scales) available still.

Also have a couple of nearly full spools of B50, and maybe even 1 more bow.

Like I said, any old bike stuff is a possibility for me.  Don't really even care what condition it's in, as long as it can be made rideable.  Would also consider some skateboard stuff (mainly longboard).

Cleveland, NC

Offline lowell

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2013, 09:50:02 pm »
I may have a banana seat ....would that be of interest to you??  Or the high handle bars??

Maybe something else but I have to look around in shed.  Just coming out of surgery so kind of slow, but will look around if you like??
My son says I shoot a stick with a stick!!

Offline jonathan creason

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2013, 09:22:01 am »
Sure thing, lowell, I'd probably be interested in anything you can scrounge up.  Take your time, though, I'm in no rush.  Hope you recover quickly.
Cleveland, NC

Offline drycreekarcher

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2013, 10:41:20 pm »
I have an 80's Schwinn bmx that you would love. Mushroom grips, zeronine number plate on the handle bars with double goose, & laid back seat post. It's in great shape & I've never really thought about letting it go. I would be interested in a selfbow.