Author Topic: Ever had a Few Bad Weeks  (Read 1245 times)

Offline bow101

Ever had a Few Bad Weeks
« on: June 23, 2013, 10:15:08 pm »
The last couple weeks has been an "Exercise in Futility"  doing bad work the whole way... >:( >:(
First off I made some arrows, way to thick, Fletched them did a decent job and self knocked them as well.
But to heavy over 650 gr. and 13/32" thick over spined to say the least. Made a second set though they turned out good, but have to fletch them yet. And they are very, very straight DF 11/32" . . :o
Then yestrerday I hooged out a stave broke it.!  >:(  Today I broke a sapling ... >:(, no biggy but still could of spent doing other things..
Oh and to top that off I finished another Maple board bow.  The finish is absolutely horrible, looks like a 6 year old did it. And the handle just stinks, wrapped it in leather.   The way I look at is the Patina I created gives it some character. And I do not want to strip it, the sander is bothering my arthritic hand..... >:( :( >:( :(
"The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are."  Joseph Campbell

Offline Thesquirrelslinger

Re: Ever had a Few Bad Weeks
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2013, 10:19:17 pm »
How bout a whole year?
When you ruin your only stave, lose every arrow you shoot, and can't get more?
Look on the bright side... you learned how to break a stave, and lose arrows!
get yourself a warbow, shoot dem 650 gr arrows!
"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results"

Offline Dharma

• Kayenta, AZ
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2013, 10:57:20 pm »
Well, I refletch arrows and then the points come off. This dry thin air here is hard on glue and wood. Ha ha ha!
An arrow knows only the life its maker breathes into it...

Offline Thesquirrelslinger

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2013, 11:23:00 pm »
Well, I refletch arrows and then the points come off. This dry thin air here is hard on glue and wood. Ha ha ha!
Epoxy will do wonders.
I used to consider glue a last resort, and only to be used to bond paper or for a non-stressed wood joint. Then I discovered epoxy. Now I glue tips onto bows!
"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results"

Offline Rick Wallace

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2013, 01:16:52 am »
A few bad weeks??    Brother,I have had a few bad YEARS !  If it dont kill you it will make you stronger!
U.S.ARMY '86-'91  East Milton Fl.   Dont take yourself to seriously,,No one else does

Offline Dharma

• Kayenta, AZ
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2013, 02:23:13 am »
I will try the epoxy. When my target bale gets shot out, I plan to dissect it and recover my points. Bet I find a hundred in there!
An arrow knows only the life its maker breathes into it...