Author Topic: massive roadkill snake  (Read 3534 times)

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
Re: massive roadkill snake
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2013, 08:55:57 pm »
Clint that's a really nice find. I've had near seven footer before. They do get big and fat. Their belly skins are darn pretty too.

Cipriano
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline TRACY

« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2013, 10:19:15 pm »
HOOSIER PYTHON! :o. That is a dandy! I couldn't figure out how you had it pinned and realized that you split it down the side and not ventral. Gonna try it on my next road kill that isn't skidded on by every passerby.

I get funny looks picking up road kill snakes on my bike rides cause I wrap them around the seat post and tie them in a knot until I get back home. It gets a little weird pedaling when I get more than one  ;D

Tracy
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2013, 10:44:45 pm »
Tracy, on the snakes that are thick enough I split them one row of scales to the side of the belly scales with a pair of scissors.  After its dry I'll do the same on the other side of the belly scales and I have two backings from one snake.  If the snake is skinny I'll just unzip it down the belly.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline PrimitiveTim

« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2013, 11:39:19 pm »
I'd guess a snake that size in around 7 to 10 years old.  Food availability is a big factor though.
Florida to Kwajalein to Turkey and back in Florida again.  Good to be home but man was that an adventure!

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2013, 11:46:57 pm »
I'd guess a snake that size in around 7 to 10 years old.  Food availability is a big factor though.

Good genetics can only express themselves when the diet allows.  That snake was obviously in the top 10% of his class!  He did his share of quelling Hanta virus outbreaks, RIP big feller (though in all likelyhood it was a female).

That oughta back a serious longbow!
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline hedgeapple

« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2013, 03:15:58 am »
That snake has beautiful markings.  I hope you draw my name again for the bow trade next year.  :)  But that guy will be on a bow WAY before then, I bet.   Good score!
Dave   Richmond, KY
26" draw