Author Topic: how much is leaving a bow strung for 2 days going to increase the set?  (Read 1447 times)

Offline Thesquirrelslinger

For a average bow, with moderate set... 50-70 pound draw, with about 1 1/2 inch of set already... brace height of about 5-6 inches.
just sitting in some (unknown) location, probably indoors...
To be specific, my new red oak longbow and the elm.
"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results"

Offline bow101

Why would you want to leave it braced for 2 days..?  :o Go hunting or target shooting for a good day and unstring it.! That would be the norm would it not.? 
"The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are."  Joseph Campbell

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
1.2437% +/- .000124
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Josh B

Pearly- I think you got your numbers wrong.  I believe its 1.2743% is it not?   >:D  Actually slinger it probably wouldn't cause any more set than your tiller already did.   I'm glad to see you post some pics finally.  I've definitely seen worse work.  Josh

Offline Joec123able

We'll there probably useless now get the Bon fire started
I like osage

Offline Thesquirrelslinger

Nope, strung it last night to show to neighbor. But my room wasn't clean...
And it wasn't put away...
"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results"

Offline JW_Halverson

Yeah, we all know these bows should not be left strung and that muzzleloaders must always be cleaned right after shooting*.  Yeah, and we ALL come to a complete stop at every stop sign and look both ways cautiously before proceeding. 

Ssssh! It happens. 

At least he didn't put it on the tillering tree, pull it 3/4 drawn and leave it there as I know someone in this forum did!  Not naming names, hehehe.   >:D

*Don't ask about the pitting in the barrels of my Pedersoli 10 ga. caplock.   >:(
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Buckeye Guy

JW
I just realized we forgot to talk front suffers when we were at the Classic !!
I must be getting old or something !

Two days of pulling at brace height is twice as bad as leaving it sit in the corner for a year !!!
It's just a stick with a string !
Man Pearly I wish they had taught me some of that new math for sure !
Guy Dasher
The Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
Primitive Archery Society
Having  fun
To God be the glory !