Author Topic: Trade Bow Tiller Check  (Read 1673 times)

Offline autologus

Trade Bow Tiller Check
« on: June 06, 2013, 10:21:28 am »
I need some more eyes, to me it looks like the left limb is a bit stiff in the middle third.  A little scraping should loosen it up a bit and smooth out the bend, what do you all think?  Right now its about 50 - 55# at 28".

Grady

Proud Hillbilly from Arkansas.

Offline SLIMBOB

• Deplorable Slim
Re: Trade Bow Tiller Check
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2013, 10:36:45 am »
Looks pretty close to me.  Before making a valid judgement on the tiller, need to know the unbraced profile and the front view.  I don't see the issue you do with the left limb.  Mid-limb out may be a little stiff on both.

Read some of Pearl Drums posts on using the straight edge.  I have a caliper the has a 4 inch straight edge.  I run that along the belly, getting the flat spots more rounded until there are no wide gaps or flat spots as I move it along the belly from grip to tip.  I think you will see the limbs flattening out here as you move toward the tips.  Might be appropriate for the shape of the bow though.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2013, 10:45:16 am by SLIMBOB »
Liberty, In God We Trust, E Pluribus Unum.  Distinctly American Values.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2013, 06:22:57 am »
Lokks pretty good to me,may be a little flat mid 1/3 of the limb ,but not bad at all. ;) :) :) Are you on a short string and at brace ? Looks like it is and if so I would shoot it some and see how it looks in your hand. :)

Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline autologus

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2013, 09:26:52 am »
Its at brace. It is at about 27.5" draw in the picture.

Grady

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2013, 03:06:47 pm »
I like it from here Grady. I have found a guy can nit pick a tiller right down to #30 every time if you stare at it long enough.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline autologus

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2013, 04:08:46 pm »
I can certainly understand that, I guess I am just a little paranoid about this bow because I want to send the very best bow that I can to my recipient.

Grady