Author Topic: Looking for adrive on handle/grip  (Read 4872 times)

Offline George Tsoukalas

• Traditional and Primitive Archers
Re: Looking for adrive on handle/grip
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2013, 06:34:37 pm »
I use thinned out waterproof wood glue of all handles. Put on some glue and brush on some water. Jawge
Set Happens!
If you ain't breakin' you ain't makin!

Offline crooketarrow

« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2013, 02:08:45 pm »
   If your going to build up the belly with some sort of strips. I glue on the strips to the wood and one on top the other untill I have the shape I want. I like to sew on one peice of leather. One whole peice of leather forms over your strips looking like you'd left the wood. Rap a glued up striped handle and the raps show each glued on strip (SRAIR STEPED). But if your not to worryed about the looks raping dose just fine..
DEAD IS DEAD NO MATTER HOW FAST YOUR ARROW GETS THERE
20 YEARS OF DOING 20 YEARS OF LEARNING 20 YEARS OF TEACHING

Offline Matt B

« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2013, 08:30:34 pm »
gah! my post vanished, Well that's it! first bow is finished, I ended up using barge cement and glued layers of leather, shaped them, and then wrapped them with suede. I'm fairly pleased with it. It may be a little bigger than it should be, don't have much archery experience, it's comfortable though. Quite happy with the bow all around, it's a bit lighter than I was going for but no big deal. I think I did a decent job having next to no woodworking experience and having not shot a bow in over 10 years lol.

I tried to post some pics of the handle but they are way to big, how do I shrink the size down?

Offline Matt B

« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2013, 09:01:55 pm »
Okay I noticed people used photobucket so I made an account, lets see if I did this right...

This should be after I glued the leather.

And this Should be after I shaped it and wrapped it with the black suede - view from back

And another - view from belly

Success! and thanks for the help and suggestions everyone, you guys are the best! Can't wait to start my next bow :)