Author Topic: What does the wife say  (Read 10841 times)

Offline bow101

Re: What does the wife say
« Reply #45 on: January 18, 2013, 06:14:52 pm »
Yes,eyes rolling,growling@ me after turning my back porch into a lumber yard,bows all over the house!she says I'd rather play with my wood than her!lol!

Lol......if I had my own place there would be a shaving horse inside and wood shavings all over.. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
"The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are."  Joseph Campbell

Offline andujar9464

« Reply #46 on: January 18, 2013, 08:30:44 pm »
My wife is irish and scottish with a bit of german on her mother's side....but I'm dominican of spaniard moor bloodline. I win the temper battle and my workshop is the livingroom.

Offline Roy

« Reply #47 on: January 18, 2013, 08:58:20 pm »
Some funny replies. I used to work on Osage bows in the basement garage where the wife's car was kept. I would pull it outside and work on bows, then when done I would pull it back in. My wife is a toll collector and has to wear a uniform. Her uniform  pants are a dark blue and there was more than one time she would get to work and someone would say, Chris what's that yellow dust all over the seat of your pants. LMAO

Offline lostarrow

« Reply #48 on: January 18, 2013, 10:48:20 pm »
[/My wife is irish and scottish with a bit of german on her mother's side....but I'm dominican of spaniard moor bloodline. I win the temper battle and my workshop is the livingroomquote]

As a man of Scot ancestory, with a wife of German / Irish background, may I offer a pearl of wisdom? When you think you've won........................ you've  surely lost. ;)  Especially if she smiles.         

Offline swamp monkey

« Reply #49 on: January 19, 2013, 10:55:44 am »
Our first fight as a married couple was about what goes in the freezer.   Boy was i clueless.  We worked that out. 

The last time I sanded Osage in the basement there was a fine atmospheric layer of yellow dust that settled ALL over her scrap booking table and supplies.  She was at first miffed, but said there are a lot of worse things i could do. 

One day I used her candle warmer for a glue pot warmer and put on some sinew backing on a bow.  It STUNK up the house.  My wife came home and said, "what's that smell?"  At that very moment the dog audibly passed gas and got 100% of the blame.   >:D Months later I fessed up.  Guilty conscience I suppose.

I wanted to hang a bow up for display and my wife disagreed.  When I protested she took me on a tour of the house showing me the bows on her dresser, the atlatls hanging from curtain rods, the pelts draped over the railing, feathers and bison horn on the book case shelves, staves in every conceivable corner, bead work supplies on the carpet. . .  well the tour took long enough to convince me I have decorated every room with primitiveness.  I suppose a doily here and there is no big deal. 

Saxton Pope once said something to the effect of: Your wife will accustom herself to wood shavings and feather scraps in her rugs.  That is not the exact quote but it is close!

He was right.  Mine does not share my addiction but she is quite patient overall. 

Offline soy

• pm106221
« Reply #50 on: January 19, 2013, 12:38:25 pm »
 :-X i plead the fifth ;)
Is this bow making a sickness? or the cure...

Offline JeremiahVires

« Reply #51 on: May 17, 2013, 03:17:15 pm »
 :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
I could take over the world...  Just need a few more million minions...

Offline bubbles

• PM110769
« Reply #52 on: May 17, 2013, 04:26:30 pm »
My girl wants to starts her own forum "wives of bowyers". So she can talk about all the "dumb crap" that I do with others. .  Also she is very happy she has never touched a frozen coyote's nose. :)