Author Topic: Anyone else ever notice?  (Read 1085 times)

Offline k-hat

Anyone else ever notice?
« on: May 14, 2013, 12:40:11 pm »
when i check my tiller in paint using ellipses/circles drawn to match the limbs, by they almost invariably intersect right around the position of the arrow shelf.  Significant or coincidence?  Thinking if this is the case, i should use that process to place my arrow rest, rather than just deciding on a specific measurement above center.

Offline Del the cat

• Derek Hutchison Native Wood Self Bows
Re: Anyone else ever notice?
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2013, 01:27:12 pm »
I think that happens because you are very good O:)
I try to line up ellipse/circle on my ELBs along the arrow line, this shows up any assymetry... It would be a bit odd if they lined up somewhere else. Maybe the pressure point of the grip? but I recon the pressure point is generally pretty close to the arrow pass.
Del

Health warning, these posts may contain traces of nut.

Offline k-hat

Re: Anyone else ever notice?
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2013, 01:50:25 pm »
lol right Del! ;D

yeah that was what i initially expected when i started doing these (that it would line up at the pressure point), but it tends to be just above.  I think on my next i'll intentionally place the arrow pass at the intersection and see if it makes any difference.  I expect it won't make a whole lotta dif except maybe reducing handshock, a touch easier to tune, less likely to get out of tiller when shooting in, etc.  All those likely by small degrees.