Author Topic: Northern Michigan Moma's Day  (Read 1765 times)

Offline half eye

Northern Michigan Moma's Day
« on: May 14, 2013, 10:55:35 am »
Fellas, had to show this lasted 3 days and is just about gone here today. I THINK there might be sunshine someplace,eh?
rich

forgot the pics

Offline DQ

Re: Northern Michigan Moma's Day
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2013, 11:14:50 am »
Yeah, we had snow flurries all day yesterday and a frost hard enough to do some killing here in mid-Michigan.  Global warming?

Offline half eye

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2013, 11:39:09 am »
I hear ya DQ, global warming aint where I live for sure....
rich

Offline MWirwicki

• The wood speaks to you; Listen with your eyes. GSD
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2013, 12:40:47 pm »
Yep, I'm concerned of my apple trees again, this year.  With blossoms out, we had frost again yesterday.  Hopefully, it wasn't too harsh.  Glad to see a bit of sun today though.  Hear that tomorrow starts back a warming trend!  Believe it when we see it....
Matt Wirwicki
Owosso, MI

Offline Gsulfridge

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2013, 03:17:34 pm »
I don't know what's up with these late springs lately, bout to freeze me out. 80s this week in Tennessee.  >:D
Greg Sulfridge, Lafollette, TN

Offline CherokeeKC

• PM108323
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2013, 05:08:30 pm »
Half eye the theory of global warming is that it makes weather more random and have increased extremes as in hotter in summer and colder in winter.  It does not just mean its hotter than normal all year long.    I think that is what DP meant by global warming
Aim Small...Hit Small

Offline Blackcoyote

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2013, 05:29:27 pm »
Yep, I'm concerned of my apple trees again, this year.  With blossoms out, we had frost again yesterday.  Hopefully, it wasn't too harsh.

It was 25 at my house the other morning...I had two apple trees with blossoms out, that i wrapped each with a tarp, not sure if it will help or not. I sure hope we don't go apple-less again this year! I also covered my strawberries.

where ya at in N. MI half eye? 
Drew - St. Johns, Michigan

Offline half eye

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2013, 05:34:27 pm »
Live in Mancelona, bout half way between Traverse City and Harbor Springs. Cherokee, I understand the concept, just havin fun with the fact that it was snowin in May.....But the cherries and apples took a hit none the less.

Offline Blackcoyote

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2013, 05:38:41 pm »
cool, i've done quite a bit of snowmobiling up there...I also travel the NLP and UP for work, so it's nice to find some trad or primative archery guys around to stump shoot or BS with while i'm up there for work.
Drew - St. Johns, Michigan