Author Topic: Day at the classic  (Read 1207 times)

Offline Scottski

Day at the classic
« on: May 04, 2013, 11:26:01 pm »
Well I drove the 260 miles to the classic today mostly in the rain. Short time I was there I only met pappy. My wife's nephew that went with me was a 13 year old BABY! Ready to go home I'm cold I'm wet where we going to eat what time will we make it home? So my patients ran out we left at noon.  I am upset that I left early and that this young man is now wanting to build him self a bow. I m sorry (Austin) we didn't get any staves to work on cause you wanted to get home. Sorry for venting on here. Next time I'm staying a couple days alone if I have too.
Did the Native Americans think about all this that much or just do it?

Offline dmc

Re: Day at the classic
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2013, 08:50:34 pm »
Hahaha...sorry to laugh Scottski, but it sure reminded me of an ice fishing trip I had. Another time I took my nephew out scouting for deer (against my wishes), he whined the whole time and when we finally got home, he beat me out the truck door (ON MY SIDE). He told his mom that the most fun he had was watching the trees whip the antenna. I was choked!!

Too bad it turned out the way it did for you. I know what it's like to be pumped up about something, and then the excitement dies like air escaping from a balloon.
Carpe Diem- Seize the Day!!

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
Re: Day at the classic
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2013, 03:53:09 pm »
It happened to me @ Friendship last year.  We stayed anyway... >:D...my wife was not happy, but when we finally made it home the boys said they had a great time.  My wife...well I doubt if she'll go back.  :o  I could hardly pry myself away Sunday afternoon.  The longer you stay the harder it is to leave. dpg
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)