Author Topic: a different target point  (Read 2465 times)

Offline half eye

a different target point
« on: April 13, 2013, 09:39:46 pm »
Fellas,
     just made up some of these and they workreally well. They are cheap and easy and have lots of other possibilities. Thought I'd post in case anyone might find it usefull.

bone in a slot with glue and wrapped with some sort of binding. File to the shape ya want and seal with clear coat (I used fingernail polish). If ya want a bunny blunt leave a cross piece on the bone, if ya want to adjust for weight make the bone longer and or have it stick farther out the front. The bone came from dog chews and a ham bone. It dont take long to do 'em either.
rich

Offline Josh B

Re: a different target point
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2013, 10:07:53 pm »
Well how bout that! I been rolling all kinds of goofy ideas around in my noggin trying to come up with a replacement for steel points.  None of them worth even trying.  And then ol Rich pops up with the simplest common sense approach that can be had.  And just when I was about to give up.  Thanks Rich!  Consider that design "ripped off".  Josh

Offline Badly Bent

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2013, 10:33:03 pm »
I like those Rich, gonna have to try that myself.
I ain't broke but I'm badly bent.

Offline Don

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2013, 11:35:52 pm »
I'll have to try that Rich. Thanks

Offline half eye

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2013, 08:53:13 am »
I only did it cause a bud was gettin crap on the 3-d courses about his stone heads tearing up the targets and all.....not to mention if a missed it was all rock behing the targets. Really never did come up with anything not complicated.

This was a eurka moment actually when the original bone broadhead hit the shed (i meant to do that?) and the little stub was left in the arrow.....filed her down and got after it. worked pretty good
rich

Offline MWirwicki

• The wood speaks to you; Listen with your eyes. GSD
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2013, 09:32:22 am »
Good idea Rich!  You better patent that one quick.  Likely, many of us have copied you and have some started...   :laugh:
Matt Wirwicki
Owosso, MI

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2013, 03:36:36 pm »
I only did it cause a bud was gettin crap on the 3-d courses about his stone heads tearing up the targets and all.....not to mention if a missed it was all rock behing the targets. Really never did come up with anything not complicated.

This was a eurka moment actually when the original bone broadhead hit the shed (i meant to do that?) and the little stub was left in the arrow.....filed her down and got after it. worked pretty good
rich

I can just see the primitive version of the lightbulb going on above your head....a small caveman's torch!  Another one of those necessity is the mother of invention type happy accidents. 

I could see a small piece of steel being used in that way, too.  Just the tiniest hint of that crosspiece you mentioned to keep the rabbit from running off the arrow post impact. 

Pardon this horrid pun, but thanks for the tip!
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Scowler

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2013, 08:53:12 pm »
Pretty cool.

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2013, 10:17:29 pm »
Great way to resource the dog's yard bones. dpg
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)

Offline Thesquirrelslinger

« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2013, 04:58:08 pm »

rich

I can just see the primitive version of the lightbulb going on above your head....a small caveman's torch!  Another one of those necessity is the mother of invention type happy accidents. 

I could see a small piece of steel being used in that way, too.  Just the tiniest hint of that crosspiece you mentioned to keep the rabbit from running off the arrow post impact. 

Pardon this horrid pun, but thanks for the tip!
Alumnium roof flashing works well.
"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results"

Offline anasazi

« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2013, 02:12:42 am »
Looks like she'll work pretty good thanks for sharing