Author Topic: wearing hides?  (Read 995 times)

Offline ScottN

wearing hides?
« on: April 08, 2013, 01:18:39 am »
Does anybody have any reference material's or tip's on how to wear hide over the shoulder/covering back and keep it secure? The way of wearing it would almost be like a cape.

I have a deer hide with the fur still on it that I would like to be able to wear but I am having trouble keeping it mounted on my upper body without sliding and falling off. It is big enough that were the front leg flaps are able to hang over my shoulder's and come down onto my chest, with the rest of the hide being long enough to cover my back, and the hind leg's can wrap around my torso (if you can picture this in your head)

I am having trouble figuring out how to keep it in place and attached to my body with no issue. I have tried a string/clasp across my chest with the two front legs, but once I start moving/walking, the fur start's to slide down and I end up getting choked by the string or poked in the neck by the clasp.
...take me away...from the place I've been...          ...to another life...in another world...

Offline lostarrow

Re: wearing hides?
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2013, 12:22:35 pm »
Check out the Renaissance fair clothing sites .They should have what you are looking for. Just don't wear it during open season! ;)