Author Topic: Serviceberry Longbow  (Read 8714 times)

Offline Jmilbrandt

Re: Serviceberry Longbow
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2013, 01:24:39 am »
Man Zion, the number of bows you're turning out is making me feel lazy. I'd better get on it. Next time I'm in Montana I'll have to grab some of the that service berry. Beautiful bow as always!
SW Utah

Offline Zion

• The blacksmith's mare walks barefoot
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2013, 01:37:54 am »
Thanks alot guys!

No problemo Bow101, serviceberry don't take long too long to dry!

Haha BB yeah i am a crazy fool!  ;D ;D ;D Ya just have to be careful while tillering and it all goes smoooooth if the wood isn't fully seasoned.

Thanks Jmilbrandt, it seems like the last 3 or so bows have been pretty quick to make. Just made another one outa Ocean Spray but i doubt i'll post it lol. It's just not good enough to be in the cool club.  ::)
The secret of life is learning to make your own luck.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2013, 08:58:53 am »
You can tiller a bow, thats for sure grappler. The sky is the limit once you master that area.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline coaster500

« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2013, 12:21:55 pm »
You really got this bending thing down....  another sweet bow!!!!
Inspiration, information and instruction by the ton and it's free,,, such a deal :)

Offline Zion

• The blacksmith's mare walks barefoot
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2013, 06:33:21 pm »
Thanks Pearly and coaster. Yea a while ago when i was still 'learning' tillering my bows were way crappier, i wasn't really in-tune with what the bows were saying to me.

I am currently seasoning an amazingly perfect piece of Ocean Spray i'll attempt to make a warbow out of. Right now it's physical weight is like 3 pounds, so it's heavy stuff. I'll probably end up making more close to this design for warbow training. i'm not gonna claim i can get anywhere near warbow draw right now lol!
The secret of life is learning to make your own luck.