Author Topic: Source of cane or arrow bamboo near Dallas?  (Read 2118 times)

Offline Southpaw4

Source of cane or arrow bamboo near Dallas?
« on: March 22, 2013, 12:31:41 pm »
Hey all new to the forum so forgiveness if I'm re asking a question. Used search feature but couldn't find anything. Got a lower end horsebow for Christmas and just getting back into archery. Also got some arrows with it but I think they are over spined as they fishtail like mad .Problem is I don't don't what the spine is since they are from Hungary and I don't have a spine tester. Being that I am frugal by nature and I love to make my own stuff I've been doing a lot of research on making bamboo/ native cane arrows and would like to know if anyone knows a source within a reasonable driving distance of Dallas texas. I'd be more than willing to harvest some for anyone with good info as thanks. Any help is appreciated

Offline ionicmuffin

Re: Source of cane or arrow bamboo near Dallas?
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2013, 12:37:27 pm »
this probably belongs in the arrows part of the forum. I dont live in texas but i do like bamboo arrows. Heres a link to home depot bamboo arrow, granted you dont have to use the bamboo from there, but its a nice guide http://www.primitivearcher.com/smf/index.php/topic,28697.0.html

Also, sometime today i bet that one of the moderators will move this to the arrows part of the forum, so no need to make a new thread there too.
Amo innectis arcus- I love crafting bows (latin)

Offline ssgtchad

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2013, 06:58:59 pm »
On luna rd between royal ln and northwest highway, on the side of the road. Pm if any questions
Always learning something new.

Offline Southpaw4

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2013, 09:12:00 am »
Oops didn't mean to post in wrong forum. Appreciate the help anyway. Ill definitely be using the bamboo arrow tutorial . As well much obliged for the heads up about the cane on Luna. Ill check that out today too!

Offline Southpaw4

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2013, 07:34:05 pm »
Well quick update, I found the patch you told me about ssgtchad, much thanks and got me about a dozen good culms of Japanese arrow bamboo I believe.