Author Topic: Robin hood?  (Read 4454 times)

Offline turtle

• PA1007207
Re: Robin hood?
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2013, 10:06:47 am »
Yeah that always sucks.
Steve Bennett

Offline crooketarrow

« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2013, 08:49:17 am »
  Throwing away your alm. arrows just because the need a nocks. Well we let other figger out that one.

I only shoot one arrow at a time. Not only to avoid what you just did. But practing with one arrow the only way yo go.
  Each walk to the target lets you think what you did wrong or right. If your shooting groups if you shoot a bad arrow you have others. You'll uselly do the same bad thing with them all over and over untill you don't have ant arrows left.  Then you walk up get your arrows go back and try to correct the problem. With one arrow you kinda knit it in the butt early. You don't teach yourself that bad habbit as much with one arrow.
DEAD IS DEAD NO MATTER HOW FAST YOUR ARROW GETS THERE
20 YEARS OF DOING 20 YEARS OF LEARNING 20 YEARS OF TEACHING

Offline stickbender

« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2013, 05:24:50 am »
     When it is your arrow, it is not good, but when it belongs to someone else, especially if that person is a better shot than you, and letting you know it, then it is a good thing. ;D  Glad you were able to repair them. 8)  Even if it is shorter, after all,it's not how long your shaft is, it is how you shoot, or how long it takes to shoot, or something or like that...... ::), or maybe I am thinking of something else..... ::) :P  So make some more arrows, and get back out there.  Even though you may not have been trying to hit the other arrow, it is great grouping, and a good sign, that the arrows were well made, and the grip, release, etc. were all in harmony with each other, and the archery bond was reasserted! Or inserted..... ;D ;D  But I would have left them in the state they were, and made a wall hanger out of them, with a picture of Errol Flynn, in his Robing hood outfit, over them.! ;) 8)

Wayne

Offline Trapper Rob

« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2013, 09:58:26 am »
That does suck because it does take some time to make self nocks but at least you could fix them I like what JW said also next time I'm shooting & the kids tell me I missed where I was shooting for I'll just tell them a wiseman once said the whole target belongs to me so I'm going to us it & I like the way crooketarrow put it also it makes a lot of sense.
Rob

Offline bow101

« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2013, 08:45:33 pm »
Aim small, miss small, and in your case you hit 'er dead on..!
"The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are."  Joseph Campbell

Offline randman

« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2013, 09:00:16 pm »
My little brothers still talk about the time I was B-essin them (I was 14 - they were like 8 and 10) and told them "I'm going to shoot this arrow into the air and when it lands, I'm going to shoot a second arrow and split it (Had been watchin too many Robin Hood or Howard Hill films I guess). Shot the one (almost vertical) and it landed in the field about 60 yds away. Shot the second (never expecting it to REALLY happen) and BAM, split it clean in half. Had to hide my own amazement to say "See, that's how it's done". I could do no wrong in their opinion after that. They believed everything I told them. >:D It was pure luck. That'll never happen again in a million years.
Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

Offline Slackbunny

« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2013, 11:15:28 pm »
I like my arrows as much as the next guy, but I have to say, if I Robin Hooded one I'd be jumping for joy. That's something that you might only do a handful of times ever, so enjoy it. It might suck to loose an arrow early on, but once you get the hang of making them, they're a dime dozen. These are things that you are launching into the air on a regular basis, and none of them will last forever.

You can always make more arrows on demand, but you can't Robin Hood them on demand. 

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2013, 11:19:57 pm »
... but once you get the hang of making them, they're a dime dozen. ....

I'll take a dollar's worth and split the shipping with you!   >:D
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Slackbunny

« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2013, 11:22:41 pm »
... but once you get the hang of making them, they're a dime dozen. ....

I'll take a dollar's worth and split the shipping with you!   >:D

Well..... I may have been exaggerating a wee bit on that point.  :P

Offline crooketarrow

« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2013, 02:42:02 am »
 Arrows take to much time to make. I shot 1 arrow at a time not only to avoiled that. Shooting groups teachs you bad habbits in miltables. One arrow gives you time as you retreave the arrow on how to inprove each shot. Besides buck won't let you shoot groups at them and pick out the best arrow.
DEAD IS DEAD NO MATTER HOW FAST YOUR ARROW GETS THERE
20 YEARS OF DOING 20 YEARS OF LEARNING 20 YEARS OF TEACHING

Offline Dictionary

« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2013, 10:02:12 am »
LOL, I have NEVER had that problem.  I figure the whole target belongs to me and I intend to use all of it, not just the middle!!!

Only you would say something like that hahaha
"I started developing an eye for those smooth curves as a young man.  Now that my hair is greying and my middle spreading I make bows instead."

-JW_Halverson

Offline tgtmatt

« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2013, 01:15:47 pm »
It's true about the arrows being fairly easy to make. Now I have at least 20 I've made when bored and I wish I hadn't had worried so much and kept it together.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2013, 08:28:33 am »
I hate it when that happens,I usually only shoot 2 or 3 at a time and shoot for different spots unless I am shooting with some of my buddys,then I go for their
nock. >:D Then I love it when that happens. ;) the look on their face is priceless. :) :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good