Author Topic: Bidding on staves on E-bay  (Read 2616 times)

Offline Fred Arnold

• From up on Munson Creek
Re: Bidding on staves on E-bay
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2013, 11:49:26 am »
I've gotten some excellent staves on ebay. Lavern (le enterprises) and his son Eric (rockcityusa) are my go to guys. I consider these guys as friends and never had a bad experience with either.  Have also dealt with danohermie. He's a little rough with the drawknife and you usually will have to work a ring to get rid of the tear outs but his osage has been good and priced very reasonable.
I found many years ago that it is much easier and more rewarding working with those that don't know anything than those that know it all.

Offline toomanyknots

« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2013, 01:08:58 pm »
Anybody got experience with yew sellers? It is just too much for me to spend 200 bucks on a stave. I wouldn't mind buying a "log" for 200 or so,  ;D.
"The way of heaven is like the bending of a bow-
 the upper part is pressed down,
 the lower part is raised up,
 the part that has too much is reduced,
 the part that has too little is increased."

- Tao Te Ching, 77, A new translation by Victor H. Mair

Offline Fred Arnold

• From up on Munson Creek
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2013, 01:55:41 pm »
TMK, I've been watching one of the vendors on PP and his prices are a lot more reasonable for yew, vinemaple and shipping than I've seen on the auction site.
I found many years ago that it is much easier and more rewarding working with those that don't know anything than those that know it all.

Offline toomanyknots

« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2013, 02:47:02 pm »
TMK, I've been watching one of the vendors on PP and his prices are a lot more reasonable for yew, vinemaple and shipping than I've seen on the auction site.

Oh wait, I know who your talking about! I totally forgot!  ;D
"The way of heaven is like the bending of a bow-
 the upper part is pressed down,
 the lower part is raised up,
 the part that has too much is reduced,
 the part that has too little is increased."

- Tao Te Ching, 77, A new translation by Victor H. Mair

Offline nativenoobowyer86

« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2013, 08:08:51 pm »
Yes I know the yew guy,  if you guys ever see a 35 dollar yew stave, be sure I'm bidding on it :)
"If it feels like ur life is about to fall apart, back it with some rawhide an hope it holds together"

Offline Dean Marlow

« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2013, 12:03:50 pm »
I have bought and sold many staves over the years on Ebay. I have had real good luck so far. A-lot of the staves on there are just as good as you can get from any of the big stave sellers on the internet. Remember that a-lot of the big archery vendors who sell staves do not have Osage or Yew where they live. So they have to be getting them from somebody who has it. I wonder who. Just look at there feedback score and that will be a good place to  start. I guarantee mine to be what  I say or it will be exchanged for another one or money back. Dean