Author Topic: Glue?  (Read 1110 times)

Offline snag

Glue?
« on: January 31, 2013, 11:54:20 am »
I am preparing to attempt a bbo r/d bow. It was suggested to me to use G2 glue. Suppose to be a great glue that is waterproof,  cures in 48 hrs without the aid of a hot box, and not real expensive.  Anyone use this?
Is. 49:2 ....He made me a polished arrow and concealed me in His quiver.

Offline ionicmuffin

Re: Glue?
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2013, 12:34:51 pm »
seems as if its a good product, ive never used it but the "suitable for submersion under water" got my attention
Amo innectis arcus- I love crafting bows (latin)

Offline james parker

• Global Moderator
    • huntworthyproductions
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2013, 01:05:31 pm »
since urac185 is no longer being produced, i have  used pro glue veneer bond (glue) with great success,, very easy to use and mix,, its a dry form glue with the hardener already added to the  mix,, all you need is to add water and apply,,, so far ive glued up over 50 bow blanks with no concerns,  looks ,smells and cures very much like urac,, cures with no spring back to the laminations, after removing from the forms,, its also a lot cheaper than urac or other urea type glues,, make sure you dont purchase the uv type glue  ,,  if anyones intrested ill send you a link to the company web site,, just pm me ,,,james

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2013, 02:11:45 pm »
Weldwood Plastic Resin is a urea glue similar to Urac. I've used it on a few backed bows with good results. It must be similar to what James was talking about.
  Hey James, you changed your name.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline RBLusthaus

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2013, 03:23:28 pm »
Weldwood is good stuff.  That is what I use and it never goes bad like URAC does (did).

Russ