Author Topic: Ammo  (Read 6524 times)

Offline Eric Krewson

Re: Ammo
« Reply #45 on: January 23, 2013, 04:25:46 pm »
I got the same shock yesterday when I tried to find 22 ammo to squirrel hunt with. None at Walmart, Gander mountain or any of the on line places like Cabella's, Bass Pro or Midway.

I did find some CCI green tag sub sonic target loads at a small town gun shop. No one wanted them, they were pricey but not marked up. Turned out I was looking for target loads as my Rem 541S loves them. My rifle will put three in about a 3/8" group at 50 yds, if I do my part the squirrels don't stand a chance.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #46 on: January 24, 2013, 05:58:38 am »
Don't think it was planned,it's supply and demand,when everyone wants it and their ant enough to go around,it cost more,same with everything. Everyone is running scard and have good reason to be.JMO. :) You think it's high now just wait till the tax's get added to it. :o
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline johnston

« Reply #47 on: January 25, 2013, 02:52:23 am »
Sure got my questions answered when I started this topic. See, sometimes in the South things are
different than in other parts of the country. Didn't say better, just different. In this current mess
though it seems to be the same all over. Ain't good.

I'm signed up for a little handgun course at a local range and while there the Rangemaster said
he thought buckshot would triple in price within 2 months. Around here shotgun ammo has been
available and not too bad price-wise so to check it out I did a little phone survey of a few folks I
thought would have some insight....might ought to stock up fellers.

And that was before that guy said to get a shotgun.

Offline spyder1958

• Retire Air Force, love all outdoors, 7 grandkids
« Reply #48 on: January 26, 2013, 12:24:18 am »
I'm glad I stock up years ago. This prices are crazy. How many times since the mid 90's have they ran a scare and raised tax and prices on ammo and guns. uncle told me years ago, boy put your extra $ in  guns. I'm like a few, I stocked up on ammo and air tight storage years ago. With these prices I could get 10 to 1 or better.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2013, 11:57:45 am by Pat B »

Offline Jimbob

« Reply #49 on: January 26, 2013, 05:37:54 am »
150.00 a piece?!?!  Thats insane.  I found them for 40.00 a piece at a local store.
You skin that smoke wagon and we'll see what happens!---Are you gonna do something? Or just stand there and bleed?

"Show me a man who will jump out of an airplane, and I'll show you a man who'll fight for his country."
Lt. General James Gavin

http://www.facebook.com/#!/jimmy.filidei

Offline spyder1958

• Retire Air Force, love all outdoors, 7 grandkids
« Reply #50 on: January 26, 2013, 09:41:34 am »
I paid 10 to 12 bucks for most of mine and $15 for the last ones.