Author Topic: A visit  (Read 1035 times)

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
A visit
« on: January 04, 2013, 11:35:12 am »
Iowabo found me in the sticks here yesterday.Did some bow work for him and he left me two really nice points from his secretive honey hole rock stash.He did'nt like my chile though.......LOL.course I'm not gonna pamper him like his wife does.....LOL.Your on your own here for pampering...Nah Nah no pampering.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline Roy

Re: A visit
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2013, 03:53:54 pm »
Chili must have made him sick:)

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2013, 08:53:19 am »
Nahhhhhh it's good stuff but maybe did'nt agree with his digestive system.....LOL..A little gas but that's normal.I get good mileage out of it.
BowEd
Ed

Offline iowabow

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2013, 11:34:54 am »
Lol I loved the chili lol he served me chili in the biggest bowl he had in the his house and I left two spoons of chili in the bowl. He is twice my size and ate from a bowl half the size of mine and had two servings he says whats wrong dont you want another bowl lol....I was well taken care of!  What folks dont know about beadman other than his famous chili is that he has an amazing set of brain tanned pants, shits, coats and piles highly crafted items every where that he has made through the years. He is  a true craftsman that studies every part of bow making. He has multiple projects that test ideas about varyous woods, backing, wt and the list goes on. I had a great time and learned a lot about sinew backed bows. Also his dogwood arrow shafts look store bought compared to mine. I did learn his secret about how he made them so nice but  I'm not going tell a soul.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2013, 11:40:53 am by iowabow »
(:::.) The ABO path is a new frontier to the past!

Offline iowabow

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2013, 11:43:30 am »
Visual aid for previous post.
(:::.) The ABO path is a new frontier to the past!

Offline YosemiteBen

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2013, 12:39:41 pm »
that is what I like about being part of this group! Lots of good people here!

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2013, 09:16:45 pm »
That's not the bowl you ate out of at my place but I bet it's one you made for yourself and my bowl was just as big as yours when we ate that chili too.......LOL.
There's a series of books out there called The Books of Buckskinning I,II,III,etc. toVIII I think that a lot of these primitive skills people should look into.Very informative.I should of showed you those books John.I know you would of liked it.Maybe next time.
BowEd
Ed