Author Topic: Ash R/D bow...  (Read 1888 times)

Offline akila

Ash R/D bow...
« on: January 02, 2013, 05:09:30 pm »
Hello....today i  finished another bow...its a board bow...i had this piece of wood, for aboute 4 years, it  wass 1" wide, so i said to my self, to  try to make  a R/D bow...so here it is..its 61" long, 1" wide  for all most the entire lenght...its has some taper, where the reflex starts, and at the noks its verry narrow as u will see in the picture..it pulls 38 lbs @ 29.5".....i didnt do anithing fanci on the finish....just linseed oil, and thats all...:)

Offline autologus

Re: Ash R/D bow...
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2013, 06:05:58 pm »
looks nice, I live the nocks.

Grady
Proud Hillbilly from Arkansas.

Offline Badly Bent

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2013, 10:27:14 pm »
Nice curvy bow and those tips are slim and graceful. Fine looking bow akila.  :)
Greg
I ain't broke but I'm badly bent.

Offline doulosparachristos

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2013, 12:12:13 am »
Absolute perfect profile on that bow; i love the curves.
Philippians 3: 7-11

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2013, 12:30:45 am »
Very cool bow and the tips are almost scarry. I love the look of ash but have terrible luck with it. You sure got those curves opening nicely at full draw.   8)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline akila

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2013, 06:32:20 am »
Thanks alot for your compliments...actualy, at the start, i had much mor reflex in those tips, but, at some point, i wanted to put a little moore reflex, just to the last 2" from the tip, and some splinter pop up, so i had to thinn down a little   the last 12" from the tip, so, this is why i lost some reflex...this is why the bow looks like it has set, but actualy, that just the deflex, that i wass put in there, from the start, steaming the bow...well...this is it...this is whatt happents, whenn u are trying to do moore...sometimes MOORE,  is the BAD, , for GOOD... :-\
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 06:35:47 am by akila »

Offline Del the cat

• Derek Hutchison Native Wood Self Bows
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2013, 10:03:11 am »
Nice bow... sounds very much like my experience of Ash.
Del
Health warning, these posts may contain traces of nut.